gauge probs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Blown95

So I am driving home tonight from a party, and after dropping my friends off driving back home I decide to toy around. I look down at my gauges and think to myself "...my car has helluva pickup for having no boost..."
But I do have boost. I can hear the SC wind up and I have all the power I have always had. The only thing wrong is my vac/boost gauge is pointing straight up at a big fat zero!!!

Now what? What do I check? What cold be wrong? Electrical? Vacum line? Fuse? The gauge it self? Everything else works like a charm on the car, so I am not about to live with a screwed up gauge. I need to get this thing working again. Where?How?Why?

Thanks for the advice/help in advance.

Blown95 - 127K and not quite stock with a non-functional boost gauge

On the rear inlet plenum of the motor, a hose attaches there for the boost reading. It may have come off at that point, or, I experienced this with my 95 last year, the hose may be deteriorated somewhere between the engine and the gauge. Mine was in tough shape in the area just before it passes through the firewall. Check it out, it's very likely a problem with this hose.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

you were right...it was a little hose that was the problem. The hose it self is fine, it just snapped off at the rubber adapter that plugs into the SC. took the adapter off, pulled the snapped piece out and reconnected everything back up; started her up and gauge works again. total time: 5 minutes (had to put my shoes on) Total cost: $0 (gotta love that!!!)

Blown95 - 127k - not quite stock and all gauges work again

Back