Possible rear rotor for sn95 hub swap??

pipecraze

I read this on another forum....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found something today thanks to a clerk at Advanced auto dragging out a book of rotor specs and spending a great amount of time looking. The Rear MN12 knuckle can be converted to 5 on 4.5 with no machining and using all off the shelf parts. You need MN12 knuckle Tbird or Lincoln Mk VIII setup for disks with the caliper and caliper bracket, 03 Cobra rear hub which is in the Ford Motorsports catalog for $50, 04 4x4 Escape front rotor which is directly the right sizes needed to bolt everything together. Press oiut the MN12 5 on 4.25 hub and toss, press back the Cobra 5 on 4.5 hub, put Escape rotor on and reinstall the MN12 caliper. This gives 11" vented front disks and 10" vented rear disks using all bolt on parts. I will bolt together sat and take/post pics.

Can anyone confirm we can use front rotors from a 04 4x4 Escape as the rear rotors on the tbird (with mustang hub swap)? I've never heard this done. Would be a nice direct bolt on if it works!

Well, I have to put the brakes on this idea. AARGGHH :p

Just pulled an Escape rotor off the shelf, and took a tape measure to it. The hat offset is roughly 1/8" deeper, but the major difference is that the O.D. is about 10 7/8" ... too large to be a direct fit.

cheers
Ed N.

SN 95 swap

I have heard if you upgrade to late model front spindles( 95 and newer) and use a SN95 front hub you can use a 13 inch front cobra rotor and cobra calipers, and use the Cobra rear hub pressed into the MN12 knuckle and get a cobra caliper adapter and you can use the cobra rear rotors and calipers also, Our cars are heavy and the upgrade is a wise investment.

Jim, many people have done as you have mentioned. However most have gone with a relocation bracket for the original SC rear calipers, rather than using the Mustang caliper which takes smaller pads.

http://home.comcast.net/~dlfraleigh/Article.html

The downside for some is that wheels in at least 17" diameter are required, there are those who prefer to stay with 16".

cheers
Ed N.

I thought it was too good to be true...

Thanks for looking FastEd!

Back to my original plan of drilling the stock tbird rear rotor to fit!

Back