Transmission Line Routing for Trans Cooler

Kit Sullivan

There always seems to be someone asking which tranny line is in and which is out, but no-one ever seems completely sure of the answer.

Well, I installed a trans cooler today, so I found out: At the bottom of the radiator, the passenger side tranny line is the return-to-transmission line.

Hope that helps a few!

There always seems to be someone asking which tranny line is in and which is out, but no-one ever seems completely sure of the answer.

Well, I installed a trans cooler today, so I found out: At the bottom of the radiator, the passenger side tranny line is the return-to-transmission line.

Hope that helps a few!

why don't you change the thread title, so more people that are looking for answers relating that issue will look it up! Just a thought, man

Good point! How do you change the thread title? The 'edit' page only lets me change the yext of the message.
Send a message to the moderator to change the title. BTW, I can't say for sure, but I think the late-model SC's have different tranny line routing, so I don't know for sure if the info is valid for the late-model SC's.....hence the reason nobody it completely sure :)

Good information. How hard is it to replace the tranny lines? Mine are leaking at the flex section and at the radiator.

Yeah, mine apparently just started leaking at the swivel sections when i installed the cooler.
I'll probably just cut mine back to some good metal and install rubber lines all the way to and from the cooler.

Don't go by the radiatore side go by the transmission side. The radiator side can be changed and is different on different vehicles the transmission stays the same. I gave you the correct answer the first time. That is the only correct answer. If everyone uses your answer some people will not have it right.
Alan

Back