Stupid question about this site/club

JAFO

Been checking out what I can, trying to search rather than post. I've noticed comments about "been on this site for 2 years" but the oldest posts are 7/2002? Was there a crash? Is there an archive I should be searching as well? I've read the FAQ, but I'm sure I'll have questions that have been asked before, but aren't turning up on a search. Not new to forums, but new to the SC. Promise I'm not going to ask "how much HP can I get from a K&N?" ;)
Anxious to become an active member as soon as I find the right car.

don't completely take my word on this....but i believe the board can only hold so many threads or messages...so as new ones get put up...the 10 000th thread or whatever gets deleted.

so it keeps em for a while, but not forever...that type of thing...

what happened

The whole deal was moved to this location a few months ago,hence nothing before that point was moved over. You can ask anything you want,most of the time someone will not bite your head off,but once in a while it does happen. When it does,just go on with life and don't get it personal..That is about all I can tell you,good luck on looking for a car,if you were closer I would sell you one of mine....Rich

yeah, updated board

we used ezboard before this, and i for one, had 2600+ posts on ezboard before they switched it.

JAFO said:
Been checking out what I can, trying to search rather than post. I've noticed comments about "been on this site for 2 years" but the oldest posts are 7/2002? Was there a crash? Is there an archive I should be searching as well?

As mentioned above, the old BBS was on ezboard, when it was switched over to the current BBS a few months ago none of the post records were able to be saved so everyone had to start over at post #1.

In that case, I'll act like I've been around too and no one will think I'm a newbie. ;) Well, until I open my "mouth."

JAFO said:
In that case, I'll act like I've been around too and no one will think I'm a newbie. ;) Well, until I open my "mouth."

Naw, that won't give you away either!

Some of the guys that have been around here for years (even me at times) still post stuff that makes them sound like BBS newbies! :D :D :D

Just don't make ten million posts about how to post a picture, or Iwill blow the bbs up! I mean it!

Al

No problem. However, I do have a couple of other questions:

1-If I add a K&N filter, will I get 20 extra HP? Will it really add 10 MPG too?

2-Will I pick up 10 HP if I use synthetic oil?

3-Why does the SC I'm getting have 3 pedals? My Mother's car only has 2?

4-If I change my gearing, why doesn't my HP go up on the dyno?

5-Think my wife will ever get a chance to drive this thing? LOL!

;)
drink1.gif

Lets answer in terms of riceboy mmkay?

1) No, you should get at least the advertised claims of 30hp
2) This is an argueable fact, but it is more slicker which means the engien parts must move quicker thus more horsepower so yes, you should get 10hp on a properly abused car
3) Not sure. Might as well take the third one out for weight savings then throw in a stereo
4) One of those quirks on the dyno. It won't detect the huge horsepower gain mods like electric superchargers and neon lights
5) Yes, because she probably has a leash on you, :D

Rule #3 of Posting here...If you at any point mention your g/f or your wife....you are whooped and she holds you by a very short leash.

Al

An amendment to rule #3 is you can prove you are not whipped if you can post a revealing picture of her

al35thsc said:
Rule #3 of Posting here...If you at any point mention your g/f or your wife....you are whooped and she holds you by a very short leash.

Al

Only on Thursday nights.

There have been a number of iterations of forums/bulletin boards we have used in the past.

We were using ezboard before this, but ezboard only held a certain amount of data for us. We imported all the ezboard had to give into vbulletin.

Before ezboard we used WEB BBS, a Perl script and none of that was imported into ezboard or saved.

Hope this helps,
Ron

Tazer999 said:
An amendment to rule #3 is you can prove you are not whipped if you can post a revealing picture of her

Nice try! I am unaware of any such pictures. If they did in fact exist, I would be unable to discuss them.

;)

Back