PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good machine shop

pipecraze
07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm in the process of doing the mustang bolt pattern swap. I need to have a shop redrill my rear rotors to the mustang hub specs. Anyone know of a good automotive machine shop on Long Island that won't charge me a fortune! Last time I had a bearing pressed in my rear knuckle it cost me like 50 bucks....for one side!

XxSlowpokexX
07-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I think it just may be cheaper to get the cobra rear hubs. Are you upgrading teh brake size as well?...I just dont know any machine shop that would do that or trust to do that

pipecraze
07-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Yes, I'm getting the cobra hubs. No, I'm not getting larger rear brakes or rotors so I need to have the tbird rotors machined to fit the cobra hubs.

This has been done by many others, I just don't know of anyone around here that's done this.

XxSlowpokexX
07-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Ahh..I would almost think you can do that yourself as its hubecentric no? Just make a template and go for it

pipecraze
07-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Yeah they are hubcentric but I really don't have the tools to drill metal.

I still need a good machice shop that won't rip me off. I have to have them at least press in/out the bearings.

XxSlowpokexX
07-06-2007, 09:51 AM
I could most likely help you with the pressing in and out if I get some free time when Im in NY. Honestly what you paid is average for that job. My buddy has a press so I just do it in his shop