Neat find....

XR7 Dave

Going through some old receipts the other day and I came across something that I feared was lost. haha

I found my 1994 Centerline product catalog that I used to select the wheels for the XR7. It features an SC on the cover. :D

This picture was the inspiration that prompted me to call Centerline and insist that they make me a set of wheels like what was on that car. They said "no" because that car had 9.5" wheels on the back and they weren't making that fitment anymore due to un-named complications. I said it was pretty chitty to have a picture of a wheel on their catalog and not offer it for sale. They agreed to make me a set. :D

Anyway, here is the pic.

Attachments

• Centerline_a.jpg
    Centerline_a.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 197
Dave,

Why didnt you get the polished rims, or is that just a " I havent had the time to clean them up" Look?

I am sure they back peddled real quick when you argued the point of the wheel being advertised and not being produced.

Connie's Cougar has 8" on the front, and the 9.5" on the rear. With the offset the wheels were built with, it has a very aggressive stance.

cheers
Ed N.

:confused: Doesn't look the the same wheel to me.

shootout200401.jpg

David

Last edited:
That's right, the wheels on Connie's car are Budniks. The Centerlines must be on something else.

cheers
Ed N.

It wasn't the wheel style it was the stance. Look at the rear tires on that car and remember, this was 1994 and there were no "Cobra R's" or anything else like that at the time. 275/40's were Corvette only and about $300/tire.

The wheels I bought at the time were 16" because that was the biggest tire I could afford, lol. The wheels on the car now are different.

Back