FrontClose.jpg

RearWheel.jpg

RearClose.jpg

Last edited:
Mods:
93+ T-Bird spindles
Mustang Hubs all four corners
Cobra Brakes Upfront (Rotor/Caliper)
Re drilled Thunderbird Brakes Rear (Rotor/Caliper)
Custom Hub centric spacers (Front + Rear)
Custom Cut Moroso wheel studs (Front + Rear)
Koni Yellow Inserts
Vogtland .75" Drop Springs
17 x 8" TSW Nagaro Wheels w/ 40MM Offset
245/50/17 Comp TA

Comments:
I'm ~~~~ing loving it!

This car is less Grandpa and much more sporty. Take this batch of modifications and couple it with the Lentech AOD that was installed a month earlier and this car is totally different. Take note the only reason I needed the spacers and studs was because the front Mustang Cobra calipers would not clear the spokes, if you down graded the Mustang Cobra calipers to Mustang GT I would not have needed the spacers and studs. 18" Wheels most likely would have solved the problems.

Carrying on with the theme of my car this is designed for the street first, track (show) car second. Everything here is a nice balance between streetability and performance. At some point in time I will more then likely swap out the Thunderbird rear stuff for the Cobra rotors. I ran into huge problems sourcing stock brake lines that actually BOLT ON so I will do the steal braided lines at the same time as the Cobra rear rotors.

If there is any advice I can give it is take your time and clean everything while you are under there. I restored everything I could touch so my wheel wells are flawless. Yes, I did paint my wheel wells. :) :)

I plan on doing a more detailed tech article later similar to my Lentech thread. I just have too much car to enjoy right now.

Last edited:
very nice rims, like seeing those big brakes in there, are those windows tinted to a light shade of blue also?

One of my future projects is big brakes to fill all that empty space the 18" wheels leave. The rear rotors are so small looking. I want to go to drilled or slotted rotors though. Unfortunately for now I cant get out from under the hood:rolleyes: If I ever get some serious HP I will need brakes to slow down.
Nice job

Ken

Back