SC or not?

racinjason81

My cousin has a 1993 t-bird LXthat I am not sure if it was a SC,It has the same SC bumper as my 90SC and it also has IRS.its gotta a regular 3.8 NON Supercharged.no side skirts and a regularLX rear bumper.no ride control with 15inch wheels,cloth interior,no boost guage,regular brakes with rear drums.Is this a car that was ordered like this or was it previously a SC?

Not

My cousin has a 1993 t-bird LXthat I am not sure if it was a SC,It has the same SC bumper as my 90SC and it also has IRS.its gotta a regular 3.8 NON Supercharged.no side skirts and a regularLX rear bumper.no ride control with 15inch wheels,cloth interior,no boost guage,regular brakes with rear drums.Is this a car that was ordered like this or was it previously a SC?

That's clearly an LX. The 93 LX used the same front bumper cover as the earlier SC's (without the "SC" embossed letters in the center). Regarding your other descriptions:

All MN12's have IRS, not just SC's.
All SC's are supercharged, and no other MN12 'Birds were.
All SC's had side skirts, ARC, 16" wheels, boost gage, 4-wheel disc ABS.

And, the proof positive; ALL SC's have "64" in the 6th and 7th VIN character positions; LX's read "62", and the earlier base 'Birds read "60".

JD

Yea the 91-93 birds all used the same front bumper. Cost savings on Ford's part! :) It looks better than that ridge potato chip front bumper anyways.

Yea the 91-93 birds all used the same front bumper. Cost savings on Ford's part! :) It looks better than that ridge potato chip front bumper anyways.

Are you saying you don't like Ruffles? :rolleyes:

What does the "64" designate?

Sounds like an LX. Don't forget the SCs have an "R" in the vin and LXs don't.

Last edited:
Are you saying you don't like Ruffles? :rolleyes:

What does the "64" designate?

Sounds like an LX. Don't forget the SCs have an "R" in the vin and LXs don't.

The "R" is another way to tell; it designates the S/C engine. Non S/C cars had a "4" in this location. The 6th & 7th VIN locations designate vehicle trim level:

64 = Super Coupe
62 = LX
60 = Base

Another tidbit; The 89-90 XR-7's have 62 in these positions, but also used "R" as the engine character, the same as the Super Coupe.

JD

Back