5.0 birds

I don't know but a buddy of mine claims that he had a 5.0L cougar that ran 14.3s with just exhaust and some MSD stuff and maybe like underdrive pulleys...im quite skeptical about this but how true could it be?

I don't know but a buddy of mine claims that he had a 5.0L cougar that ran 14.3s with just exhaust and some MSD stuff and maybe like underdrive pulleys...im quite skeptical about this but how true could it be?

depends...if it was a 5 speed with some drag radials or slicks or even street tires but he could cut at least a 1.8 60' i think its very reasonable.... considering that we have got a bone stock 93 coupe to run a 13.87..anything is possible...depends on driver and track condition how it was prepped ect ect.

depends...if it was a 5 speed with some drag radials or slicks or even street tires but he could cut at least a 1.8 60' i think its very reasonable.... considering that we have got a bone stock 93 coupe to run a 13.87..anything is possible...depends on driver and track condition how it was prepped ect ect.

Ryan,

You could not get '91-93 5.0L Tbirds or Cougars with a 5spd, the AOD was your only choice.

Shane

Tell me how! please.:)

Tell me how! please.:)

My guess is that Ryan is talking about a 5.0L fox mustang. Several magazines have done tests and cheats to stock 5spd notchbacks to get them into the high 13's. Mainly getting a really short belt, bumping the timing up, remove the front sway bar, and some drag slicks will get you there for the most part. I think that I might be missing a few things.

Shane

My guess is that Ryan is talking about a 5.0L fox mustang. Several magazines have done tests and cheats to stock 5spd notchbacks to get them into the high 13's. Mainly getting a really short belt, bumping the timing up, remove the front sway bar, and some drag slicks will get you there for the most part. I think that I might be missing a few things.

Shane

yeah im talking about a 93 5.0 notch....factory no option car...not even a radio...oh yeah talk about basics...anyways all we did was pull it up to the line and go...on street tires 2.0 60"..spinning a little into 2nd dead hook in 3rd..with slicks we could of gotten it to a 13.5 easy and with a set of 3.73 i dont think a 13.1 or a 13.2 was out of the question.....this was back in um.....05 when my buddy's dad bought a 93.....he didnt think me and him could get it to run a under a 14.00 without have to throw at least 500 in it...already had a full exhaust so i knew what it had ;) ..

with the 5.0 tbird you can try these same tricks...remove unneeded things...rear seat real quick...spare tire, jack ect..50 pounds is 50 pounds which adds up...all we did with the coupe was pulled out the jack, spare tire, and the carpet from back there...

oh the only thing we added to the coupe was set of 4 cyl springs i had laying around for better weight transfers.

I was talking about a cougar though there ryan. He i guess this was supposedly with 20's on it too. BS!! (at least i think so)

I used to have a 5.0 HO fox bird and it wasnt much better than a NA 3.8.... Infact i had a 89 grand marquis with a 5.0 and i think it was faster....

Back