struts & shocks

HI-OUTPUT

what front struts & rear shocks can I use for my 93 sc?, what brand & part number do I need? beacuse when I browse thru the auto stores they all say "except adjustable suspension" & Also around how much do they cost?
I already have eibach lowering springs on stock

If you want something a little stiffer than the FIRM setting and don't mind not having the ARC functional, the KYB shocks are a very good and inexpensive replacement.

I keep my car always on firm, when I switch to auto I feel a little difference.

When I switch to auto I get a blinking firm light, so I just change it back to firm so I wont see it blinking.

Whats the difference on firm & auto?

not having the arc functional & having a little stiffer then firm & KYB I think thats what Im going to go for

if I wanted the arc to be functional it would be more expensive right?

Your not feeling much of a difference because the shocks are shot. I installed the Tokico kit to retain the ARC, and when on auto she's feel like a big lincoln but more stable going down the road... nice for those cruises.

When I switch to firm its like I just jumped into a small sports car that can handle corners very nimbly. Its night and day between the 2.

More expensive though to keep the ARC option active. I did it because I want to keep my car as stock as possible, with everything working.

Sorry for bringing back an old thread.
But its like a nightmare trying to find shocks and struts for the SC.
Can i just replace the ones on there now with regular shocks and struts for a t-bird that would not have the ARC.
Is there anything special that needs to be done to by pass the ARC or I can just install them and the ARC would just not function.:mad:

the arc. system just basicly tightens or loosens the valving in the shocks with little motor's mounted on top of the four struts(in auto the computer senses g's). If your car has good struts it's a big difference, shot won't be able to really tell. non arc shocks can't adjust the valving hence less money. you can use non adjusting shocks they just won't change ride feel.

When mounting the non arc shocks, Just don't mount the little motor and bracket on top of the struts

Shocks

Go to prostreetonline.com they have the best prices on Tokico Illiminas you will find!

I bought my rear shocks from them at the best price from ANYONE!

Back