This can NOT be right! (stock rims)

Johnny_Squirrel

Ok, I was washing the remains of the paint on my car today when I looked a little closer at the factory rims on the car and noticed something fishy.

On the drivers side of the car the rims are normal, as the pattern is not cutting (if you know what I mean). On the passenger side, it appears to have the same rims as the driver's side and the pattern cuts! If this makes no sense I'll take some pictures.

I'm trying to figure out if someone was an idiot rotating tires once, or if the specific rims for the passenger side were replaced with driver's side rims.

I guess what I'm asking is if this is normal, or if there is a way I can switch these around (highly unlikely since they're the same..)? It's no big deal right now, but it sticks out like a sore thumb if you know about it.

Thanks.

maybe this will help

On the early birds the rims were the same on both sides. On the 93 thru 95 the rims are for the right side onlyand the left side is for the left side only. They are marked with the correct side on the rim under the hub cap. I hope this helps you out or else I misunderstood what you said. If thats the case then I will go in the corner and have a time out....Rich

Better to show than describe...

Here, take a look at both sides of my car and tell me if the rims look wierd!

leftside.jpg

rightside.jpg

It just can't be right...

thats the way the older style wheels are supposed to be. They are NON-directional. In 1993 the wheels had a slight change and they became directional. I happen to know the guy that designed the early style wheels for the SC as well as the slicers for the SHO. He owns 2 SC's including my old 1990 SC. The SHO slicers were originally designed for an all wheel drive T-Bird but Ford dumped the project and then used the wheels on the SHO.

Stand in the corner...

It looks like I was right,hence I don't get to stand in the corner again. I guess we will let that be for those guys that talk all that smack on how fast their cars are and then they only just break into the 13's not the 11's oh well there is always next year..........year.....year.......year.....year.....ect

And Jerrry is good for having the biggest/most pointless signature, most moronic posts, and the only one to put on a fricken ricer intake onto his car (from a ricer company)

Last edited:
hey tazzzzzzzer??

let me see??? ok i can see,, what is your point???? i mean the intake works great for me and looks great thats all that maters, so tazzzer whats the big deal???? hello ok sorry guys but tazzer (again) needs to grow up and ack like the 18 year that he is.

Jerry (with the "ricer" intake) come on!

Yupp........that's just one more reason I'm glad I go tthe cougar. It doesn;t matter what side my rims are on, they're always doing..............well what ever rims do.

Back