MAF upgrade

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Im about to get my car back together and am wondering if a 73mm maf would be a good upgrade or not? so far i have

fresh engine
ported everything
Comp cam from DD
5% OD
gutted cats
magnaflow
CAI
IC Fan

Im about to get my car back together and am wondering if a 73mm maf would be a good upgrade or not? so far i have

fresh engine
ported everything
Comp cam from DD
5% OD
gutted cats
magnaflow
CAI
IC Fan

I would up grade to a 76MM MAF. Of course you are still sucking air through the small stock TB so upgrade it to a 75MM so you have a matched system.

Ken

I have a Pro M 87MM MAF, filter, and 42lb injectors for sale (lightly used) right now. That would be a perfect setup for your application.

A tune is required when you change injectors sizes. Using a calibrated MAF will allow you to run and drive the car but any time you change injectors (and you'll need bigger ones!) you should get a tune or at least a chip for starters.

If you want to start, run, and break in the motor with the stock MAF and injectors, that would be a smart idea. Then after 500 miles and before exceeding 4800rpm and 10psi boost at the same time, upgrade to a new fuel system and get the car tuned.

This approach will allow you to run the car initially on the stock tune and injectors making your break in safer and more effective as the first 30 minutes of run time are the most important part of break in.

I have a new C&L MAF 85mm set up for 42 injectors. I bought it
from Supercoupe unlimited. I was told it would work just fine on
my stock motor, with MPIII or AR blowers .I was suppose to get
the MAF & a tune at the OK Shootout. But received it after
tuning date set up by Dave D. .

So I now am not able to use it. It has been sanded down to
have it polished. $100.00 + shipping

Randy

Dave PM me with some sort of estimate on a chip/tune and parts shipped etc.. Is this somthing we could get setup without a dyno with the parts i have or would a dyno be a must to get it tuned right? also what kind of HP you think i could put down with my cam, porting MAF injectors a tune and maybe a jump up to 10%? I would love to get into the realm of 275/300HP at the wheels I know i have along way to go but hopefuly i've got the important stuff out of the way...

im gonna add my 2 cents....

i really dont see how a MAF and TB are gonna get u that much hp compared to having a ported/MP inlet plenum.

i mean, even if u put a 76mm MAF and a 75mm TB, it still necks down into the plenum.

before i get a 75 TB im getting an MP inlet plenum because this is the part that frees up the entire intake system (before the SC).

You should have no problem with the power level you hope to achieve. The biggest thing will be getting air into the motor and blower OD is your key to that. Things like the MP plenum do not become a big factor until you move above 300rwhp.

You should have no problem with the power level you hope to achieve. The biggest thing will be getting air into the motor and blower OD is your key to that. Things like the MP plenum do not become a big factor until you move above 300rwhp.

well i was thinking that he'll be around that level with everything he's done. maybe with a bit more OD on the blower and a DBL IC or FMIC.

Finally made some progress!

progress2.jpg

progress1.jpg

been busy as hell lately with work and projects on the house.. excuse the crappy cel phone pics but you can see my crappy home head port job...

Back