Picking a torque converter! NEED HELP!?!

chadder1313

You're going to spend at least $600-1000 for a good aftermarket converter. However, it will improve your 1/4 mile times by a 2-3 tenths if not more. They really are a great mod.

Thanks for the replies guys. A TC is my next thing to by on my list. Hopefully i will make it to the Super Coupe Shoot Out. Well i think im gonna go with the Hughes Performance 3000 stall.

Chad I know you were talking about adding the wide ratio gear set to you're tranny just be aware that if you also change the input shaft over to the 4r70 set up I'm pretty sure they require a different t/c than the AOD.Just something to think about.

Plus there is someone on here that makes custom converters I think his name is dirtydog or something like that.You might want to get a price on one from him.

Jay

Chad I know you were talking about adding the wide ratio gear set to you're tranny just be aware that if you also change the input shaft over to the 4r70 set up I'm pretty sure they require a different t/c than the AOD.Just something to think about.

Plus there is someone on here that makes custom converters I think his name is dirtydog or something like that.You might want to get a price on one from him.

Jay

You cannot actually use a 4r70w shaft in an aod, I tried the result is no reverse. The shaft made for them is 31 spline and essentially uses a c6 converter in the aod except it must be centered with a bushing in the converter. I don't know of any 800 dollar converters for an aod. When thay don't truely have lockup they are cheaper to build. The aod has direct drive, not lockup. It is very impiortant to know which shaft you are using. I highly suggest the 1 piece shaft for anything making over 400ftlb at the crank.
Alan

Back