DIff Carrier stuck in Shell

Danzajax

Ok, Removed the diff from the car. Benched it and cleaned it up. Pulled the rear cover off and took my lash readings. Unbolted the rear caps and stored them in L and R baggies to keep them separate. The center section appears to be stuck however. I thought, you just removed the rear caps, and then popped out the carrier.

Whats the deal? I rigged up a bar with a wooden block so that i could tap one end in hopes of freeing the carrier but no dice. What am I missing here. I don't want to bang on this thing too hard in case there is some stupid pin hiding somewhere thats holding it all together.

Also, I bought my bearing kit from Summit (the FMS-M-4210-C). Does anyone know if the outer axle seals are interchangeable with the halfshaft seals on the sides of the diff? They look about the same, but I wont know for sure until ive painted the carrier and pulled the old seals.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...rt=FMS-M-4210-C&N=700+400070+115&autoview=sku

Anyone have the F-150 spring PN handy? - F3TZ-4214-A

-dz

Last edited:
You have to pry it out, it's supposed to be tight. I have posted the part number you request a couple times.
Alan

Do a search for f-150 Spring.

You won't deform it, it's not very fragile I stick 2 prybars into the carrier and pry it up against the case.
Alan

Back