What is that thing behind the throttle?

SuperC90

I'm talking about a little sensor, or something that looks like it is on most regular thunderbirds in the junkyards I see.
It is between the throttle and the firewall, and it is in a large clip. It has some wires going to it, and a vaccum hose.
The reason I ask, I changed my wiper motor the other day, and noticed that that thing was un-hooked (vaccum). I was hoping that was why my cruise didn't work, but it didn't seem to change anything after I hooked it up (Ironically when I started the car it really started hard, and then seemed to run fine afterwards).

Does that thing have anything to do with the Cruise? If not, where is the cruise module, I stepped on the brake to deactivate my cruise the other day, and now it won't come back on at all....

What I hooked back up was "D" shaped, It has 'FOSE 9J460 AA" molded into the plastic on top. It is directly below the rubber cowl seal but is not attached to it.

What were you talking about, and are there any pros or cons of having the EGR (other than the enging being less of a polutant)sensor hooked up?

About your cruise control...check your vacuum dump valve...the think cylindrical thing attached to the brake pedal. It might be stuck.

Egr is outlined in the pictures below:

EGRLocation.JPG

egrvalve2.jpg

Or is it the item in the black circle in this picture which is next to the EGR valve:
myleakysc.jpg

If neither of those then where is the part in relation to those shown in the picture.

What I hooked up was the thing in the black circle. On your second photo it looks as though it is charcol grey, or black, and right next to where two vaccum hoses go into a single fitting. It is not the large circular vaccum diaphram actuator.

That is the EGR sensor, I'm surprised you were not throwing a check engine light with the tube off of it. The tube is a heat reisitant silicon tube that is a small fortune from Ford, it goes from the EGR valve to the EGR sensor. The sensor also has an electrical connector on it.

Back