Headlight Question?

SCUPERCHARGED

I am doing a retrofit. I am putting Infinity FX45 xenon projectors in my 90 Supercoupe housings. The only problem is that the lens on the 90 Supercoupe isnt clear. It has a fresnel finish. Does anyone know if any company carries a aftermarket headlight with clear lens for my vehicle? I did a retrofit with my 90 accord. I put 2006 maxima xenon projectors in my 90 headlight housings. The difference is amazing.

Here's some pics:

Picture311111165.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture025.jpg

after doing a conversion myself and going through all the headaches, I havent found anyone yet that makes clear lenses for the early models. I did see a major difference in lighting afterwards even with the oddball lenses.

S

I was thinking about sanding the lines out. Start with a lower grit then work my way up to a higher grit. What do you guys think?

What all would have to be changed to upgrade the headlight? Would it be worth it?

Thanks guys!

To upgrade the headlight you need a new bumper cover, header panel, headlights of course, and hood also because the old style hood would leave a major gap on each side. There might be something else you need also, maybe someone else knows for sure.

I was thinking about sanding the lines out. Start with a lower grit then work my way up to a higher grit. What do you guys think?

What all would have to be changed to upgrade the headlight? Would it be worth it?

Thanks guys!

Been there done that and the results are ok at best. Very time consuming and tedious work not to mention the fact that its almost impossible to get all the lens at an even level without high dollar equipment. I ended up just changing back to the factory lenses that I wet sanded with 2000 grit and polished out with blue jewelers rouge on a high speed buffer and dremel around the edges.
Ed (the-big-e) had a set of lights that I polished out awhile back that he took home with him and in my opinion they looked almost perfect. Now mind you they wernt the ones I converted but just a set I polished out.
Take whatever route you wish but if you want clear lenses then your best bet is to do the late model front end swap or do like I did.

S

Back