Reversed Clutch Pedal?

XR7SC_John

Hey Guys!

About a week ago my clutch seemed to "lose pressure" It only lasted a minute then worked fine (wouldn't release) now I just recently (2 weeks ago) replaced the clutch and pressure plate and blah blah. So I ruled this off as an air bubble. Now the pedal seems "reversed" Pedal released, I can go into gear, if I push the pedal in, it moves in that gear (but not far, like it slips or, the obvious, not enough pressure) anyone know whats going on?

Thanks
John

I guess that could make sense.. except I have the orignal flywheel, and it worked fine up until now 2 weeks and 100 miles later.

was a new slave cylinder installed also? was the line bleed since? i'm guessing you've got some air in your line.

Hey Guys!

About a week ago my clutch seemed to "lose pressure" It only lasted a minute then worked fine (wouldn't release) now I just recently (2 weeks ago) replaced the clutch and pressure plate and blah blah. So I ruled this off as an air bubble. Now the pedal seems "reversed" Pedal released, I can go into gear, if I push the pedal in, it moves in that gear (but not far, like it slips or, the obvious, not enough pressure) anyone know whats going on?

Thanks
John

I have the same problem. I think the line needs to be bled:confused:

A new slave wasn't installed because it was recently replaced (why the rest of the components weren't I don't know.. as bad of shape as they were in when I got it.. im sure they needed it even at that point) and it looked fine. I am also on a very tight budget so I opted not to replace it. Air in the line sounds doable, will just a bleed fix it? Anything to purge the air? (pumping the pedal a certain way or w/e?) Thanks in Advance!

John

I bleed all of the air out of my new clutch slave by bleeding with the help of a person.

The process was this:
1. Jack up the car.
2. Fill the clutch reservoir with new fluid.
3. get under the car and crack the bleeder and move your hand.
4. Tell a friend in the driver seat to press the clutch pedal slowly.
5. Watch the fluid run down the side of the trans.
6. Have the friend tell you when he is at the bottom of the stroke.
7. Reach up and close the bleeder.
8. Tell your friend to let up.
9. Cycle again 4 through 8 once more.
10. Have your friend top off the reservoir.
11. Cycle again 4 through 10 until clean fluid is coming out the port.

If you have a self bleeding kit you can do this yourself and try to capture the fluid in a jar allowing you to watch for air bubbles.

Back