Anyone using Catco Cats?

I have them on my '92 SC with the midlength headers. They work great and I still made almost 350rwhp with them. Passes emissions pretty clean too.

The tube come capped when you buy them, so no worries there.

Jeramie

Couldn't be any worse than Magna shiit. Every time I drive my V10 Ram, I am embarrassed by the rattling sound from my Magnacrap cats.

Had a trade in my truck a few days back and the guy says what the hell is breaking off your truck man.

I'm running Catco's on my 94 LX and Magnaflow's on my 90 XR7. Never had a problem with either of them. Also, you can order the Catco's without the air tube.

-Rod

Cats only rattle because they have been overheated and the ceramic destroyed. The problem is typically related to the engine, not the cats.

Last edited:
Not in this case Dave. Nothimg wromg with the motor. It runs perfectly and has been on those pieces of crap for 20 000 km.

Not in this case Dave. Nothimg wromg with the motor. It runs perfectly and has been on those pieces of crap for 20 000 km.

There doesn't have to be anything "wrong" with the motor to damage cats. It can happen to any vehicle. All you need is an exhaust leak, even a temporary one, or a bad plug wire, or any number of other things including even some bad gas combined with the right conditions. Any cat can be defective, but in general they are all made exactly the same and all will fail under the same conditions. Dodge had a big problem with the calibration on their 5.2/5.6 engine which was ruining cats. It happens.

Back