Supercharger coupler problem

Jimmy 2Coupes

SCCoA Member
I bought a new green solid coupler from Victor at spinningwheels-sc to hopefully fix the blower rattle on my 94 SC. Took the blower off, removed the snout but when I tried installing the new coupler it fit's VERY tight on both the snout shat pins and the rotor pins. I forced it on the snout shaft pins by hand but couldn't get it all the way down and had to use a two jaw pulley puller to get it back off. I could probably get it all the way on with a block of some kind and a hammer but it just doesn't feel right. I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this with this particular couple which looks just like the one in the pic at this link. I'm afraid if I do get it on I'll never get it back off.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I have had the same problem with that type of coupler before. I put it on the snout and tapped it on far as it would go, and then aligned to rotor pack and lightly tapped till it seated. Then installed the bolts.

I bought mine off ebay and I remember the old one I pulled off by hand and the new one I had to slide on the one shaft, line up the holes and force it on, then tighten the bolts to seal up the snout. I don't know how I'd get it apart right now without prying. As it wears it'll loosen up.

Back