need help audio!

franky_402

Posted this in members only forums but you guys can help also,

Hello there fellow sc'ers, i ordered a special wiring harness for the ford premium sound cars from car discount stereos and hooked everything up and no sound. However there is two plugs that arent used. The thick red wire that clipped to the chassis of the stock deck, and what looks to me like a high output plug( the harness with six prongs) The other harness snapped into the eight prong adapter and allowed me to hook up all the speakers but no sound. So i figured the head unit was bad so i exchanged again no sound. So as i am looking i try hooking up factors deck without thick red cable and all is still well? What is this wire a ground i assuming since its location but its red so that leaves me to believe that its a power Anyways so i pull out the deck again and disconnect the six prong plug which i believe to be the high input for the amp and no sound so i am wondering how to bypass the six prong harness to still get sound. I looked briefly and didnt see anything really, i am on a tight time crunch and need this working asap. Also if that six prong plug is the high output for the stock amp could i use it with a in dash dvd that can handle a high output plug. Also there is no longer the stock sub as i removed due to it being blown. Also im sure this will help i have a 90 with the Factory Ford JBL Premium sound. With an amp for the interiors and also a seperate amp for the sub. The sub and sub amp are gone but everything still works with the stock deck! I appreciate every ones help!

im sure someone has had the jbl sound and hooked up an aftermarket deck without some extreme measures!

Back