Wipers not workink

thundrburd

Ok, when I push the wiper button to spray the fluid nothing happens, the wipers work in the on position but you cant spray any fluid, does anyone know where I should start to take care of this problem ? thanks

If you hold the arm in the spray condition while turning it it should attempt to spray, possibly momentarily. If it doesn't, I would check the washer pump in the washer tank.

Because the contacts in the Multifunction Switch for the washer also activate the wipers when the switch is pushed. Did you try what I suggested above?

whats a mfs and where is is located so I can change it, thanks

the MFS is the turn signal handle with your wiper controls on it. yea, that whole thing is the MFS. not hard to take out at all tho.

it controls turn signals, wipers, flash-to-pass, and your brights.

No still havent had time to try it yet, plus the car is not drivable right now anyway, since my radiator fan went out the other day, but the odd thing is I let it sit for a few hours and it started working again, but I'm going to replace it anyway, but I will try what you said later tonight and post from there, is it hard to change the pump, I would assume it isnt to hard to get to but who knows with these cars, thanks

If you hold the arm in the spray condition while turning it it should attempt to spray, possibly momentarily. If it doesn't, I would check the washer pump in the washer tank.

OK, I tried it and it didnt do anything so I guess the pump is out, but how do you replace it ? where is it at ?

The pump is connected to the bottom of the reservoir.....

It is just held in with a rubber grommet.....

You will have to pull on it pretty hard to get it out.....

When you replace the MFS, make sure you get one with the correct color rear housing. There is green and blue. They will mechanically interchange, but are different internally depending on whether your car is equiped with AutoLamp or not. Just make sure your replacement matches the original.

JD

EDIT: I just noticed your car is a 95. I know my information is correct for the earlier years, but don't know if it's relevant for the later models. - JD

When you replace the MFS, make sure you get one with the correct color rear housing. There is green and blue. They will mechanically interchange, but are different internally depending on whether your car is equiped with AutoLamp or not. Just make sure your replacement matches the original.

JD

EDIT: I just noticed your car is a 95. I know my information is correct for the earlier years, but don't know if it's relevant for the later models. - JD

JD, what is the importance of this. I took a multi-function switch out of my 93 LX that had auto lamp and put it in my 89 that does not. Everything seems to be working fine at this time. Sorry to steal the thread momentarily.

Chris

Back