PDA

View Full Version : Ircm..

91 XR7
07-15-2007, 12:23 AM
No.. not your normal `my cooling fan isn't working' question.. :)

it's cooling fan related, since it didn't want to shut off untill i took the IRCM apart, wacked the relays a few times with the handle end of a screwdriver.. :)

But i remember reading on here eons ago, and i'm pretty shure not aviable to the gerneral public.. but.. there was someone that did a write up on replacing the relays on the board itself and namely Stating which are which.. and so forth..

This is also for my '89 which only has 3 relays in the IRCM (EEC, Low Speed and High speed?)

Thanks

TbirdSCFan
07-15-2007, 12:50 AM
The whack technique comes in handy and usually does the trick. ;) I've had them run for years with no problem. Then one day a relay sticks. 1 small whack and the problem fixes itself for another few years. :D

fturner
07-15-2007, 08:05 AM
No.. not your normal `my cooling fan isn't working' question.. :)

it's cooling fan related, since it didn't want to shut off untill i took the IRCM apart, wacked the relays a few times with the handle end of a screwdriver.. :)

But i remember reading on here eons ago, and i'm pretty shure not aviable to the gerneral public.. but.. there was someone that did a write up on replacing the relays on the board itself and namely Stating which are which.. and so forth..

This is also for my '89 which only has 3 relays in the IRCM (EEC, Low Speed and High speed?)

Thanks

Your right as there is a write up in the members section I beleive on how to solder in new relays. If it where me, I'd just replace all the relays in there while I had it opened up and be done with it ;).

Edit: Here's the link to the article.... http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62612&highlight=relays

Please do not copy that article over here for the non members to see. To see articles like that is well worth the $15 a year.

91 XR7
07-15-2007, 10:00 AM
TbirdSCFan; Yah it does usually work good don't it? Had a '66 comet with a starter Silnoid that did the same thing, turn the key.. NOTHING.. Grab the screw driver out of the center console, wack it a few times, go back into the car, turn the key and it would start :) Still the orginal siliniod too :)

fturner; Explains why i can't find it.. it's in the members only section (saddly i'm not a member) Should of known all the good stuff would be out of the General publics eyes...
But yah.. the idea of replacing all of the, is a much better idea.. Thankfully i have a few electronics store with in walking distance of where i live.. so finding a relays that'll work shouldn't be an issue... If i can Build up a fancy dancy, 2 speed fan controler of my '91 this shoudl be nothing :)

Thanks to the both of you :)

91 XR7
07-16-2007, 12:58 AM
The wacking didn't work for long, it's sticking again.. Now i have to find another, or Replace the relays inside it.. if i knew which was which.. But that shouldn't be hard..

After tomorrow i have time to play with it.. since its off the road again.. :o