Bakersfield...What a Blast!

RonzSC

Here are some of my thoughts on our combined meet yesterday.
First of all, it is clear we are a Statewide club...The Super Coupe club of California.
Those from our chapter that attended were as follow;
John Shelton,
Coast to Coast SC,
35th SC and his son Aaron,
Al35thSC and friend Jose,
SuperCoupe007,
Nikki,
Hot Rod Lincoln,
Little Oscar,
Heather,
RedevilXR7 and friend Sue,
and RonzSC.

When we arrived the Nor-Cal crew was already there, as well as John Shelton who was there the night before. The greetings and felowship began immediately and we knew that these folks were really nice
people. I remember meeting Mr. and Mrs. Gone14's(Kurt and Wendy), Mr. and Mrs. Hwycoper (Mark and Sue), Brandon, Ron Randall, JIm Demmitt Sr. and Jimmy Demmitt Jr.
We really enjoyed talking and sharing our favorite stories.
The day ended with Nikki and Al having a duel. Al "REDLIGHTED" and Nikki shut off half way through and still took Al by a narrow margin of thirty or forty car lengths. Of course, Al may have a slightly different angle on this race).
Kudos to Jim for the defense of his title. Kudos to John Shelton who raced even though he was being plagued by the mechanical gremlins. Kudos to Coast to Coast SC (Anthony) who's bone stock ran faster than the mortals of this chapter (John obviously being excluded here). AndKudos to my daughter Nikki who whooped it on Al.
Lastly, kudos to Big Al who furnished and presented the awards at the end of the meet. I'll let him tell that part of the story.

BTW...all of the So-Cal crew that raced a Nor-Cal SC lost in the first round. That left us to race ourselves for the rest of the meet. Horray to the Nor-Cal Team. Especially the scourge of the North...MARK. You know I wondered how you were getting that car length head start on everyone. Thanks Kurt for enlightening us. LOL.

Last edited:
hey ronzsc are the two going to combine?

are north and south gonna become sccoc ? I think north and south should be one or just combine meets in a central area like you guys did . very good job oh and nice trick getting your daughter to race al. but dont think for a moment he wont get you next time anyone can red light. it just happens. to all of us. Im so happy to hear everyone had a good time. thats what its all about good times good race good friends good family I envie you guys some day I will make it but im not gonna say a word just show up I keep on saying im going then dont so I will just do some day and surprize everyone . anywho great job you guys did something to be proud of calif is number one in my book.

Bakersfield

To all my friends in the Southland, it was a blast. Meeting the gang from down south was a pleasure. At last getting to put faces to all the names on the boards. What I admired about the meet was all the fun that was had by all. Everybody pitched in when some one was in need of help or parts to keep those SC's running down the track. Even the locals were blown away by the unsuspected power of the SC.
Just to let you know, I put 1200 miles, 6 runs down a qurter mile track, put the SC in three digits on my speedo numerous times since Weds. The only real annoying problem was I kept blowing the vacuum line loose on the boost gage. Would I do it again? The answer is Hell Yes!
Ron as far as the staging went I misunderstood the guy at the staging lights. I badged him and he told me to line up at my rear wheels. LOL Wait to next year.

Mark

Well well well,

Here's my account of how things went down, now that I'm at work and have some time to type :).

The day began by meeting Supercoupe007 and 35thsc at a park around my house. We then headed up to Sun Valley to pick up a friend of mine Jose. After that we headed up to Magic Mountain Chevron station to meet Ron. I nealry got some people killed when I almost missed the exit, but we threw on the hover fans and flew over everybody....or something like that I forget which. We were then surpirsed by Coast to Coast SC who was there in his beautifull 93 Red SC. We then had to wait for Ron, who was obviously running on Southern California time. We helped Ron out with his temp gauge and I assure you, it was a 3-4 man job :D

After that we were on our way to Bakersfield. We arrived to the track after a nice cruise and introduced ourselves to everyone...everyone was real friendly and it was obvious that we were off to a great start. We got our tech cards in and all got our numbers. Then some of us hung around for a while, while others went off for food. When we got back from the Jack in the Box, the birds were already running. I got them on video and was ticked that my car wasnt iced down yet to hurry up and run with them. We all then went back to the pits hung out and I ran in the second time around....where I spun for a full 1/8 mile and wasted about 10,000 miles of tread life lol running a pathetic 16 second run (I got better :)

Everyone else was either running, tuning, shooting the breeze or baking under the hot CA sun!

My runs will be described in another post i will make with the time slips posted.

The awards show was at the end, and Im sure MR and MRS Gone14's will post some pictures up soon :) The following awards were handed out:

1st Annual Super Coupe Club of California Meet
The Cow Pie Award Jim Demmitt (Quickest and Fastest)
The Baby Cow Pie Award Ron Randal (Almost Quickest and Fastest)
and last, but most certainly not least, The Buffalo Pie Award, given to Kurt Sr Who was NEITHER Quick nor Fast :p

After that we cleaned up and hauled but home. I was very pleased with the whole experience, to say the least, and hope we do this at LEAST every year.

Al

PS I got video of the runs and I'm sure other people did too. If any of you would like a copy of the tape (C2C I will send your's out soon :)) let me know and I'll mail it out.

No matter which way anyone of us write it we all feel the same,we had a blast.!!!!!!!!
I hope that this does not fall by the way side to soon.
I think we should take a poll to see how many times we could get together in a year(2-3-4)sorry one is not enough:)
I also think we should have a pouder puff run for the ladys.
Next time Wendys car will be ready!!!!! I know that if we do a meet here in the North(when) that we might be able to talk Sue,Wendy,Hillairy,J Rango in to running against each other. I wouldn't put it passed them for the South either. These women can get as crazey as we men can.;)

I and the wife are allready looking forward the the next combined meet......Heres hoping to see you all (and MORE) soon.

Kurt Sr

Bakersfield; ROASTED under the sun !!

Wellllllllll, once upon a time (8/24/02) at around 5:30 a.m. or so i started getting ready to head out and meet with al35thsc and 35thsc. Half way getting to our first meet point i noticed that i forgot my CD magazine :eek: :eek: .... I get to the meet point nobody there... al35thsc gets there (still with his bed covers) then 35thsc comes in for a landing (he was flying !!).. We all get behind the wheel and start heading up to the next meet point (Magic Mountain, Chevron gas station) along the way we picked up al35thsc friend "Jose". As we get to Magic Mountain our great leader :confused: :confused: (good old MR. al35thsc) makes a daring move and exits the freeway geting me almost rear-ended by a motor home. We all make it to the gas station in one piece, were we met up with Coast 2 Coast and RonzSC (GREAT people)... We temp. fixed RonzSC temp sensor, problelm and then we hit the road again, but elected a new leader :p ... Well this leader did not get us killed since we were cruising at about 65 KPH i mean mph.. (but sure felt like KPH) as the semi's were passing us... j/k :p :p .. Which was good since there was a CHP awaiting for his next business transaction to help meet his "quota" (no luck with us) We get to the track where we met some more great people and got the show on the road.. al35thsc, coast 2 coast, jose (al's friend) , and myself went on mission to find some food to eat since we were all starving, found a Jack in the box and brought the food back to the track.. Now we were ready to have some fun in the sun... I think the crew got a chance to run 5 times or so, ofcourse there was always some tuning done after every run and everytime everybody ran their time got better and better It was great seeing people interact and help one another... Unfotinatlely our time was runnig out and our meet was coming to an end.. Everybody started packing and heading back home.. All in all i had a great time !!!!..... I am sure glad that i was able to make it up there and i hope i can make it to the next meet......

Bakersfield; ROASTED under the sun !!

Wellllllllll, once upon a time (8/24/02) at around 5:30 a.m. or so i started getting ready to head out and meet with al35thsc and 35thsc. Half way getting to our first meet point i noticed that i forgot my CD magazine :eek: :eek: .... I get to the meet point nobody there... al35thsc gets there, then 35thsc comes in for a landing (he was flying !!).. We all get behind the wheel and start heading up to the next meet point (Magic Mountain, Chevron gas station) along the way we picked up al35thsc friend "Jose". As we get to Magic Mountain our great leader :confused: :confused: (good old MR. al35thsc) makes a daring move and exits the freeway geting me almost rear-ended by a motor home. We all make it to the gas station in one piece, were we met up with Coast 2 Coast and RonzSC (GREAT people)... We temp. fixed RonzSC temp sensor, problelm and then we hit the road again, but elected a new leader :p ... Well this leader did not get us killed since we were cruising at about 65 KPH i mean mph.. (but sure felt like KPH) as the semi's were passing us... j/k :p :p .. Which was good since there was a CHP awaiting for his next business transaction to help meet his "quota" (no luck with us) We get to the track where we met some more great people and got the show on the road.. al35thsc, coast 2 coast, jose (al's friend) , and myself went on mission to find some food to eat since we were all starving, found a Jack in the box and brought the food back to the track.. Now we were ready to have some fun in the sun... I think the crew got a chance to run 5 times or so, ofcourse there was always some tuning done after every run and everytime everybody ran their time got better and better It was great seeing people interact and help one another... Unfotinatlely our time was runnig out and our meet was coming to an end.. Everybody started packing and heading back home.. All in all i had a great time !!!!..... I am sure glad that i was able to make it up there and i hope i can make it to the next meet......

You know Ron and S/C gang. I still have this big smile on my face from last weekend :D
Kurt Sr

Back