PDA

View Full Version : Fall SCCoF Meet?

SuperChicken89
07-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Just throwing this out there to see what kind of response we get.

For the past several years , we have done our annual meet in the spring. This year we didn't do it for some reason. I'm looking to see if there is any interest in doing a Fall Meet. If we wait until late October or early November, the weather should be tollerable.

Post up with your opinion...

Bryan

Gregthespy
07-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Count me in as long as it's not an absurdly long and costly trip. I noticed that we forgot our spring meet as well.

garsc
07-16-2007, 08:20 PM
If its in Orlando or Lakeland I am in. I dont think the 94 will do any roadtrips. Garry

Cobra85
07-17-2007, 09:36 PM
I'll place my vote for Upper Mongolia; I hear that the weather is beautiful that time of the year. Just a bit of winter nip in the air. Besides, Dan could set some of you single guys up with the local gals. :D

onequiksc
07-22-2007, 11:29 AM
I'll place my vote for Upper Mongolia; I hear that the weather is beautiful that time of the year. Just a bit of winter nip in the air. Besides, Dan could set some of you single guys up with the local gals. :D

Right you are Glenn, those Mongolian girls are just a hankerin' for some American boys with cars that run...

Ummm...wait....that's not gonna work...we're talking about SCs here...most don't run a lot of the time..hmmm...problemo

...Ok...I can get hold of some girls from Botswana that wouldn't care, running or not...

I love happy endings.:)

P.s. Count me in for the meet...ehh...meat...ehh...either.

SuperChicken89
07-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Boy... only 4 responses:( That is pretty sad. At one time we had a very active local chapter. Well if we all show up we'll have 5 SCs... maybe 6 if Glenn brings both his 91 and 93.

Hopefully we'll get a few more FL guys.

Bryan

Gregthespy
07-25-2007, 11:09 PM
I know Bryan, Maybe i'll threaten to pull a TJ and tow my '95 to the meet just to raise the SC count. ;)
I'm suprised as well, Not too long ago we had a lot of fresh blood visiting this chapter, I guess our lack of activity has chased them away....:o

I guess I'll give an update on the '89... She's still blue, running, and in need of a good detailing, just been discuraged by all the rain we've had lately. Other than that she's been a perfect daily driver, knock on wood. Just went on a weekend trip to Tampa Bay with it flawlessly and got some attention from a Nissan driver with her at a Tampa gas station;)
Let's set a date for this, then maybe some people will start to show, if not... oh well, we will have the true die hard fans there...

Brad Klein
07-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Ive been watching this but have been afraid to commit to anything

Sounds like fun and I will vote for the park we had it at last time and I hope I will have the car back by then. For an update the guys dont have a clue what to do with the hood they are used to putting cars back the way they were so they dont understand. Im gonna have to go down there and do it for them. The rest of the car is in primer and is ready for paint and I think I have the colors picked out I just want to run a test panel first.

Brad Klein
07-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Heres a look so far

Im gonna tell them to cut what I added to the hood off and just redo it myself that way it will get done they said they would pay me to do it :D

Sorry about the writing on the hood but the title fits

Gregthespy
07-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Gotta' love the surfboard on the roof, do I foresee wood panel decals?

Brad Klein
07-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Gotta' love the surfboard on the roof, do I foresee wood panel decals?

Yeah I was thinking wood laminate flames down the side :D

thats gonna be our test panel. my dad got it free awhile back and were doing a tiki theme on our patio so I figure paint it and put it back there

SuperChicken89
07-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Looks good so far Brad! You might want to let the body shop know that someone stole your door handles:D

Can I come down and write some rude stuff in the dust on the hood?

Bryan

kamakazie_1
08-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Hey guys, I'll try to be there, might be in the SD but maybe I'll get lucky and the SC will back up and running by then..

RJ

SuperChicken89
08-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Well if we don't get too many people interested in attending, we may just have the meet at our shop here in Oviedo. There is plenty of space for SC's, a garage for repairs, and a grill for cookin out. There is even a pond for fishing and Alligator wrestling.

I figure the weather should be tolerable by the late October or early November.

Bryan

Rican3kgt
08-04-2007, 03:16 PM
depending on date my father and I might attend a meet also...i don't really have time to get on often but everytime i do seems like i just missed a meet...

Brad Klein
08-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Well if we don't get too many people interested in attending, we may just have the meet at our shop here in Oviedo. There is plenty of space for SC's, a garage for repairs, and a grill for cookin out. There is even a pond for fishing and Alligator wrestling.

I figure the weather should be tolerable by the late October or early November.

Bryan

After watching Dan wrestle that Yak I cant wait to see him get down and dirty with a gator

Gregthespy
08-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Just as long as Dan's gator wrestling doesn't interfere with my fishing while all the rest of you work on my SC in Bryan's shop, I should be able to attend.;) Oh yeah, and I like my burgers cooked medium well. :D

SuperChicken89
08-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Just as long as Dan's gator wrestling doesn't interfere with my fishing while all the rest of you work on my SC in Bryan's shop, I should be able to attend.;) Oh yeah, and I like my burgers cooked medium well. :D

I hear both Dan and you are quite accomplished at AOD wrestling:D

We can cook you burger any way you like as long as you supervise.

Bryan

onequiksc
08-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Dan prefers wrestling hot single 30 somethings.

Rare animal yes, but gators don't do it for me anymore. :P

P.S. Yes, Bryan's correct, AOD is an acronym for "alert orthopaedic doctor" because they tend to stress one's limbs and body. I was really under there for the air conditioning though. ;)

doodaa
08-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Just a thought but are any of you guys going to be at Turkey Run this year? There were a few 2 years ago..

onequiksc
08-07-2007, 05:56 PM
That's a tough one for me to predict right now, I probably wouldn't make a commitment to that until November.

Also, I * believe* they have excluded us due to the relative new-ness of the SCs. We could always attend the Spring show there, but were locked out of the Turkey Run because of a production year cap. It keeps moving our way but last i heard it was still in the late 70's to maybe 1980 -ish.

Do you know if that's changed Dooda?

Dan

SuperChicken89
08-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Just a thought but are any of you guys going to be at Turkey Run this year? There were a few 2 years ago..

I may attend the Rod Run with my Cougar this year but not the SC. There are several of us that regularly attend the Daytona Spring show at the speedway. The powers that be won't allow the SCs at the November Rod Run... too new. The Rod Run only allows 1973 and older vehicles with very few exceptions.

Bryan

Cobra85
08-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Yea, they won't allow the Stang. Tried a few times and finally gave up. :mad:

doodaa
08-08-2007, 12:33 PM
You know, now that you mention it, it was the Spring show I saw all of you at. Must've been 3 years ago then? Pete (red 93) was still around? My Oldtimer's disease is getting worse, I'd forgotten about the "age limit" for Turkey Run too. Considering how many cars there are compared to the spring one I know whay they do it though..

Brad Klein
08-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Yeah good old Pete what ever happened to him once he got out to Az.

Poor guy almost got himself killed going to that show on Sunday he cut off the wrong guy and he jumped out at the stop light and just about pulled Pete through the window lucky for him our windows are pretty fast and he got it up before the guy could get to him:D

doodaa
08-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah good old Pete what ever happened to him once he got out to Az.

He went to Az? Last I remember he'd bought a Firebird? and was trying to sell the SC after it'd had body damage and he found a "deal" to get it fixed... I mainly remember him because he had the worst luck. :) I also met Dan and Rich? but not sure I'd recognize either in a crowd unless they were next to their SC (though I'd know Dan's car from a mile off ;) )

I may attend the Rod Run with my Cougar this year but not the SC.....

Cougar? I won't be in on the show field but if you see a black 96 Mark VIII LSC give us a shout. It'll have real bad clear coat cancer and HIDs. :)

RedCoupe92
08-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Greetings from Jacksonville. I have yet to make it to any meet. Just got my '92SC up and running again (been close to 3 yrs), in the middle of a paint job and a/c system replacement. As long as she runs, and she's running pretty good right now, I'm in, a/c or not. Looking forward to actually meeting some fellow SCers.
Jim.

SuperChicken89
08-09-2007, 06:34 PM
P.S. Yes, Bryan's correct, AOD is an acronym for "alert orthopaedic doctor" because they tend to stress one's limbs and body. I was really under there for the air conditioning though. ;)

Wuss.... I put that AOD in unassisted. The fun part is getting it on the jack by yourself under the car. I have removed and installed an AOD more times than I care to remember. I think I'm up to about 6 times. I wonder who has removed and installed their AOD more times... me or Kurt K:D What does the winner get.... a rebuildable AOD?:o

Bryan

Gregthespy
08-09-2007, 06:54 PM
What does the winner get.... a rebuildable AOD?

I say the winner gets wingnuts, although some may argue "Gorilla Glue" would be better!:rolleyes:

Kurt K
08-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Wuss.... I put that AOD in unassisted. The fun part is getting it on the jack by yourself under the car. I have removed and installed an AOD more times than I care to remember. I think I'm up to about 6 times. I wonder who has removed and installed their AOD more times... me or Kurt K:D What does the winner get.... a rebuildable AOD?:o

Bryan

Yes, I still lurk here. And yes, I think I've still got you beat. Not that I'm proud to be the AOD king.:rolleyes: Anyway, since I end up replacing my AOD about every 15 months, I doubt you'll ever catch me :D

I'll come down and pick up my wing nuts sometime in the future. It will probably be a couple of years, unless I can take a training class or two in Orlando and then I'll drive down for class.

Any of you guys going to try and make the Shootout?

SuperChicken89
08-10-2007, 07:52 AM

I am considering coming to the Shootout with a co-driver (Dan). My SC needs more tuning from Dave:)
It all depends on my work schedule which is insane at this point. Anytime you get an out of town apartment,you're spending way too much time on the road.

Maybe we can put together an AOD swap competition to settle who the AOD King really is! I’ll bring my floor jack:)

Bryan

onequiksc
08-10-2007, 08:06 AM

Kurt, If i go, I've got an AK-47.

I believe I will do well. :P

Rick Astley will be with me to sing and dance. :eek:

Kurt K
08-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Maybe we can put together an AOD swap competition to settle who the AOD King really is! Iíll bring my floor jack:)

Bryan

No thanks. You can have the title! If I never swap another AOD, it will be too soon.

Cobra85
08-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Ah your'e no fun. Where's your sense of adventure?

Kurt K
08-16-2007, 10:57 PM
I have a sense of adventure, but I'm not a glutten for punishment.

Kurt

P.S. 6 days and no replies....not only did I think I killed the thread, but I thought I killed the forum :rolleyes:

kamakazie_1
08-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Dan prefers wrestling hot single 30 :D(SANE):D somethings.

Rare animal yes, but gators don't do it for me anymore. :P

Sorry had to add my two cents above here!! Hi guys.. checking in!!

Cobra85
08-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Wazup RJ? Good to see you still check in from time to time :eek:

kamakazie_1
08-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Wazup RJ? Good to see you still check in from time to time :eek:

Hey bud, yeah, I'm here in and out.. don't get on much at work and at home I'm too tired...

I guess I need to get down to getting the motor mounts and PS line for the 95 so I can gather with everyone again.. I miss everyone's company..

RJ

Cobra85
08-28-2007, 09:10 PM
And we all miss your wit & southern charm.:D

Still have that power steering line hanging in the shop. Still has your name on it.

kamakazie_1
08-28-2007, 11:25 PM
And we all miss your wit & southern charm.:D

Still have that power steering line hanging in the shop. Still has your name on it.

I had forgotten you said that, I'll need to get over there and snag that thing, I could of already had that put back together and just got depressed... Thanks dude, I'll give you a call there..

RJ