Ps Pulley!!!

Ed's95SC

Does anyone know how to remove MARCH underdrive pulley for the power steering pump:confused: :mad: :mad: . There is no "lip" for the puller to attach to so it may actually pull the pulley off. This is the first time I have dealt with these pulley's. If you know please help!!! Thanks

Hate to say it......

but, check to make sure it wasn't installed backward. OK, how do I know this? Yeah, I did it. I know the stock one isn't strong enough to use a 3 jaw puller on, I wouldn't want to risk it with an expensive UD pulley. Machine shop time?
Danny

doesn't look to be on backwards, I had another engine dropped in it and had the shop swap the pulley's onto the engine I was getting put in, along with a few other things. I am new to the SC and the guy I got it from said they were MARCH Pulley's.

Ed

are you sure its an underdrive pulley as far as I know they didn't make one but who knows. I put an aluminum ps pulley on my 5.0, I had to remove it to change a defective pump. It was aluminum so it couldn't be pulley off and it just cracked with the tool on it. I called up the company and he said one time use only. It was fun drilling holes into my $50 pulley to get the pump off the bracket.

Back