front radius arm bushing upgrade?

SCandelous95

I need to replace my front radius arm bushings, should i go with OEM, or is there an option out there for an upgrade? maybe poly bushings?? i always try to upgrade when i have to replace something and they wouldnt let me pass inspection the slack was so bad!

I am assuming you are refferring to the strut rod bushings? The MOOG ones are thermo plastic and some have had trouble with them cracking. I am replacing mine with OEM bushings and the part #'s are as follows (prices are the list prices):
$11.12 E9SZ-3A140-B
$7.64 E9SZ-3A140-A
$5.19 F7SZ-3A225-AA Frame side
$10.13 E9SZ-3B271-A Frame side

Last edited:
are the radius arm bushings and strut rod bushings the same thing??

i've had a few mechanics only mention radius arm bushings, but not strut rod bushings?

Radius arms are those enormous arms on the front suspension of old 4 wheel drive trucks. The ones that cross and hold the spindles. If I remember right, most of the guys that had problems with the MOOG thermoplastic were autocrossing their cars, and I think MOOG updated the design/material. I have them and haven't had any problems, but I don't autocross.

my guy said that each side was like $106 for the bushing set, which seems quite a stretch compared to the prices Black89XR7 posted. :confused:

the complete bushing kit from ford lists for $106, you can get the kit for $70 by contacting ( Note he is on vacation this week )

Jason Preslar
Harrelson Ford
6700 South Blvd.
Charlotte N.C. 28210
Toll Free 1-800-992-3938
Local (704) 552-2848
Fax (704) 552-6813
We ship all parts U P S.We only charge actual U P S charges.
We accept credit card,check or money orders.
If you find a OEM part cheaper at another dealer let us know and we will match that price or beat it.

you are right regarding strut rod and radius arm bushings.

i'll contact Jason on Monday and see if i can hook it up. Thanks for the referral!

You may have difficulty in identifying them. They go under the description radius arm, strut rod, strut arm, which is of course always confused with the control arm itself or the shock.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The term that helps is in the description. It will state "at frame" or "at control arm" or something to that effect. :) Orielly's carries these and other Moog parts that they don't know about because of the ambiguous descriptions. They are listed by part #. ;)

gracias. i managed to find a kit in stock at Oreily's for $47. it is the Moog brand , hopefully they will work. i've heard some good, some bad things about Moog....

Back