Official SC Shootout Website is up!

XR7 Dave

Folks, long overdue but finally available is the 2007 SC Shootout website with registration information and all the other details you need to know about the '07 event.

Registration is NOW OPEN so please do so now! Hotel information is also there so get your room while they are available.

Thanks and see you there!

www.sc-shootout.com

David

And!

Folks, long overdue but finally available is the 2007 SC Shootout website with registration information and all the other details you need to know about the '07 event.

Registration is NOW OPEN so please do so now! Hotel information is also there so get your room while they are available.

Thanks and see you there!

David

Dave are you hiding the link somewhere or at least the web sit address. You must have been up way to early this morning huh! LOL

Smitty

I know I posted this elsewhere, but I figure this thread might be more official.

Event Info lists Mod 3 as 12.799 - 12.200, but the Official Rules list Mod 3 as 12.79 - 12.30....which is it?

http://www.sc-shootout.com/OfficalRules.htm

Edit: how do they know what H/C I'm running? if its a stock(ish) cam can you get by? I have never gone to one of these, are people honest about mods? I have no problems running "Modified 3" because of my mods but I'm not going to even going to be in the 12's let alone run a 12.29 LOL

Last edited:

Edit: how do they know what H/C I'm running? if its a stock(ish) cam can you get by? I have never gone to one of these, are people honest about mods? I have no problems running "Modified 3" because of my mods but I'm not going to even going to be in the 12's let alone run a 12.29 LOL

If you are caught cheating you will be disqualified and the reason for your DQ will be listed on the website. Being known as a cheater in a small group such as this is not a good thing.

If you plan to run nitrous and still can't run a mid 12 then you can hardly expect to win anything anyway.

Be realistic and plan on having fun. There is only one winner in each class and unless you have been practicing and tuning the car well prior to the event you can hardly expect to show up and win. Many of us will be making more or less maiden voyages to the event so don't feel like you will be the only one.

Then you should be eligible to run Mod 1 or Mod 2 based on elapsed time.
And we know because we pretty much trust your word on what you've done to the car. As for the cam; it's either stock or it's not. I have a stock long block with a .491 cam, hardly what you would call a power maker, but it's there, so I run modified.

Besides, havnt' you been talking about adding nitrous?? :eek:

See, we do actually pay attention when you post ;) :p

Ira

Last edited:
It Depends

Yeah all the ones from what I saw last year are really honest that I can tell.

An internally modded engine goes to Mod 1 right away, then it will depend on your Mods and times also on what class your will be in.

So for internally stock motors with times down to 13.50 I could go into either Stock or Super Stock depending on my modifications. Does this sound right for those who made the rules? SAme with the statement above?

If I am way off here someone please let me know, so I can stand corrected. That is how I understood last yeard rules anyway.

Smitty

Last edited:
Nice. Great website! I will not be attending this year, but hopefully next year I will be on the road and able to make it. Price seems reasonable, and the opportunity to meet a buch of the guys in person would be awesome too. I'd probablybring my younger brother though instead of family....I can see the wife and kid now :rolleyes: Is it around the same time each year??

Then you should be eligible to run Mod 1 or Mod 2

And we know because we pretty much trust your word on what you've done to the car.

Besides, havnt' you been talking about adding nitrous?? :eek:
Ira

Being known as a cheater in a small group such as this is not a good thing.

Be realistic and plan on having fun. .

Ok good info, I just wanted to gather info before I take off work to go, I didnt know if it was an all out "run what ya brung" dont talk about mods deal, I have read past threads and it seems like fun and on a side not I have no plans to cheat I was just asking, looks like I can be the slowest person in mod 1 :D

:D

I will be making arrangements to fly down.

Edit* If any of you happen to catch something not working on the site please let either Dave or I know via PM. The site seems to have issues with some versions of FireFox. Thanks.

Ok good info, I just wanted to gather info before I take off work to go, I didnt know if it was an all out "run what ya brung" dont talk about mods deal, I have read past threads and it seems like fun and on a side not I have no plans to cheat I was just asking, looks like I can be the slowest person in mod 1 :D

Well, it is "run what you brung" within the class you are eligible for. But remember we are all in this to pretty much to have a good time and enjoy the cars! That is what the club is all about after all. So you will find that there is an awful lot of knowledge sharing going on.

Ira

What if I only want to do everything but the dyno? Is it still $95? And if I bring my girlfriend and not pay for the Non-Competitive Event Pass she can still be with me?

What if I only want to do everything but the dyno? Is it still $95? And if I bring my girlfriend and not pay for the Non-Competitive Event Pass she can still be with me?

If you plan on competing, then yes it is $95. You do not have to dyno, however if you think your car won't blow up it is fun to put it on and get some numbers and be able to compare them to similarly modded cars on the same day and same weather etc.

If you bring your girlfriend, her $65 covers her shirt, track entrance and food on Sat. lunch and Sun. banquet.

~connie

Back