My car is back together!

CurtisPaulfrey

Thats right, after all is said and done, my SC is back together. The only problem the shop had was the MP intake............its still not on the car :eek: I hope they knew what they where doing with the rest of the car.

I cant wait to see what I can get on the dyno, I might have to wait untill I get the N20 installed, I have a feeling that the blower will heat soak the stock IC fairly quick.

Now I have to plan for next year:

IC Fan
Raised Top
Slicks
Headers
Shocks w/drag bags

After that I'm going to replace all the LCA's and get everything I can from SCP to make the car ride like a dream, and last on the list is the inside and paint.

:D

Curtis,

Are you talking about the MP cold air intake kit ? If so it's pretty easy to install and I'll be happy to help you do it....just bring your car over to my house with a 6 pack of Bud Light and we will have it installed in no time.

So what all have you done to the car ?

David

PS: I thought you were getting the MP FMIC kit ??

Hi David, Thanks for the offer but I printed out the pics on your member page and took it to the shop.......they said they should have the intake on by tonight

A full mods list is as follows

New 3.8 Crate Engine,80mm MAF, MP intake, MP plenum, MPX with coated rotors at 15% OD, Gasket matched IM and Heads, 550 Lift cam,1.73 Roller Rockers, new pushrods and springs,255 Fuel Pump, 50lb injectors,SCT Chip,

The car also has the little things,balancer,plug wires but I think I listed all the Power Mods, I do have a FMIC in the garage but it will have to be a custom job after I get the car to my house.

I will need to get headers and N20 before I beat on the car to bad, I know that the car is getting alot of hot air in I just need to find a way to get cold air in and the exhaust gas out (I know its bad but the car is still on stock IC and exhaust)

Curtis

Last edited:
I'm wilth you 100%. All in due time

(in other words I have to make my house payment before I end up living in my SC)

Man do I know that feeling.Gotta make my house payments too or else I'll loose the nice garage I have to work in.I could do without the house just not the garage LOL.

Jay

OK, the car wouldnt start, The SC pulley hits the fins on the blower snout. Why would Charles offer a package if the parts wouldn't work together????:mad:

OK, the car wouldnt start, The SC pulley hits the fins on the blower snout. Why would Charles offer a package if the parts wouldn't work together????:mad:
I think there was a thread that mentioned that problem in the past. You should be able to pull the pulley and just file down the fins on the blower snout a little bit or maybe open up the back of the pulley a little bit.

It's possible that tolerence on the pulley was out of spec and should not have been sent out. I'd definitely call Charles as soon as you can.

I think there was a thread that mentioned that problem in the past. You should be able to pull the pulley and just file down the fins on the blower snout a little bit or maybe open up the back of the pulley a little bit.

It's possible that tolerence on the pulley was out of spec and should not have been sent out. I'd definitely call Charles as soon as you can.

I read the thread about the problem,

I got a e-mail from Charles today he said that everybody knew about that problem and that it should be no problem to fix...............except the fact that I was the 3rd person to order the MPX and the shop is charging me $$$ to fix it. I got no instructions from Charles when the parts showed up, on a side note if he knew about the problem why didnt he fix it before he shipped it? :confused:

Nice!

The car is 100% back together

I have to send the torn belt back to MP and get another huge belt

Right now I'm still on a 6 rib SC belt and stock tensioner, this might be good because it will make me be nice to the car during the break-in

After I get my belt and I save up some money I'm going to offer some beer (yes david bud light) or money to anybody that would help me with the tensioner springs and the belts,

I do have a garage but I dont know how hard it would be

Congrats on getting the issues worked out. You would think someone would mention the issue about the SC fins. Not assume you have read every thread on the SCCOA. Especially when they are a vendor.

Just think, with the new block and all of those MP parts you will have this........so its said.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27658&d=1185023716

Cant wait to see what real #'s are from the parts. How much did you pay for the new crate engine and where did you purchase it from?

Back