Am I right? Stalling Problem

Paulio91184

hey guys..i drive the 90 sc it gets up to temp then dies out, then the car has to cool down, so i figure bad dis, i change it and put new arctic silver heat sink. drove it for a bit then it did the same thing, just keeps cranking and the upshift light is on. Crank sensor is my next guess, am i right? BTW i only have 2 bolts in my dis and i know this could be a problem too, anyone know what thread size they are?

I'm messing with the same thing but my cranks sensor is less than a year old. It does have the symptom of crank sensor. The upshift light is a dead giveaway. My upshift light isn't on when cranking according to my wife, but it will stall and won't restart hot.

I just bought a new dis, new cam and crank sensors, and a new screamin' demon coil. I'll change it all. Might as well I have the money and the car needs to be reliable for me.

im fairy sure you need all 4 bolts on that dis for it to perform correctly.....start there.

Good point, as you may have twisted the DIS enough so all of the bottom may not be touching the bracket, therefore no heat transfer. Best bet is to either find a scrapper to find those bolts, or take one out and head over to the nearest home depot or hardware store and they can probably find you a match.

thanks guys

thanks guys, i'll check that out. my harmonic balancer is in good shape so i don't get how the crank sensor is bad, and the problem only happens when the car is hot. so i'll go to home depot and get more bolts and see if thats it, thanks a lot guys.

I had only two bolts on the DIS for 3 years and it was fine.

The hot stall and no restart is classic crank sensor symptoms.

It has no relevance if your balancer is bad. The sensor can go bad on it's own.

Mine was an old used sensor on there from when I did my head gaskets. When I had the blancer off to put on the BHJ, I put a new sensor on hoping I wouldn't have to do it again for about 5-6 years.

Well now it seems my new sensor may not have lasted very long. We'll see in a few weeks here when I get back to where my car is so I can change it.

I still think yours sounds like a crank sensor. When the upshift light comes on while you are cranking the car, that means the crank sensor is done for.

Back