PDA

View Full Version : different mounts 89 to 97???

BlkBirds
07-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated!! I set the motor and tranny out of my 89 sc into the 97 lx chassis, and the bolt holes for the mounts are a LONG WAYS OFF!!! From the looks of things, the ears on the lower steel of the newer mounts are a touch longer, and the pass. side attaches to the rubber rotated 180 degrees to get that hole to line up.?. Does that make any sense? Where can I get just the bottom steel for newer mounts?? And what the @#*# is that all about? My Ford manuals list the same part number for the k-members for 89 and 94, and Mitchell claims the same number 89-97. How can this be with different hole locations?? :confused: ANY Help--- thanks fellas, Kurt

rickbtbird
07-21-2007, 10:10 AM
I know nothing about the LX mounts but I know for sure that the mounts for the 94-95 SC were different from the 89-93 SC. Like you said brackets are longer. I know this because I had to replace an entire mount bracket on the passenger side last fall. I got a used one from a 93 that didn't fit.

Attached isn't the best picture of the driver's side mount but the one on the right fits a 94-95 and the one on the left fits a 89-93.

I think your next stop should be a pick and pull or eBay.

BlkBirds
07-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Yeah, look at that! You can still see very clearly in that pic, they are definitely different. I guess that's the deal, new lower steel for the mounts. Thanks very much. Kurt