Exhaust Manifold Gaskets

rickbtbird

I don't think the SC stock exhaust manifolds came installed with gaskets. Since I’ll be pulling mine off my 90 soon to investigate a tapping noise, is there a recommended gasket? Who’s used it and how successful is it.

Ex Gaskets....

Funny you should mention that. I just took my 90 manifold off and it had no gaskets either. Sort of surprised. I used some Hi-temp gasket maker and stuck them back on. On my 92 I used the Mustang metal ones. On another 92 someone used what looked like Taurus/Windstar V6 gasket and one cylinder side was blown out. The stock NA 3.8 gaskets should work fine.
Danny

A set of exhaust manifold gaskets came with the felpro top end gasket set I bought when I did the h/g's which I used. Maybe you can get those from felpro on their own.

I have some metal type ones from Fel-Pro on my car. I don't remember if there were old ones on their that I took off or not. It's been 4 years so I don't recall.

My Fel-Pro gasket kit came with the Exhaust Manifold gaskets, but since it didnt come with anything from the factory, I didnt use them when I put the manifolds back on.

- Dan

Thanks for all the nice information on the fel-pro exhaust manifold gaskets. Part number is MS91346 and it's $10.99 at Autozone. I'm assuming that someone had a leaking exhaust manifold and this gasket helped with the fix? :)

Things are flat enough when new that the factory doesn't use them. But once used, the exhaust manifold tends to warp a bit, thus the availability of a gasket from Felpro. They are included in a head gasket set.

Back