Crane Ignition

cheeriosluvr

Does Crane Cams make a ignition system for our cars. I see the one they make for a distrubutorless 4 cyl...

If they dont does Mallory or MSD make one??

Todd

MSD makes one but it requires two tach adapters for some reason. I have a Jacobs unit made for the 3.8 but I haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Looks easy as it just plugs into existing connectors.
I'm also looking into a slick sounding unit made by JandSSafeguard.com . It is a 3 or 4 coil DIS setup that pulls timing from only the offending detonating cylinder. They have it listed for the Mustang and several DIS type imports. It costs around $500 so I am going to check it out pretty thoroughly before plunking down my cash. SonySC@hotmail.com

So far I think only one sc guy on this board ever installed an aftermarket ignition and that was SCandelous95. Nobody else installs them because our ignition systems are pretty damn good for stock already..

re:MSD

I found no improvment with MSD-4 on the dyno. Our systems have more than enough to do the job.

Youll notice a difference with an MSD setup with high boost applications..You can run more plug gap which equals more power

Back