Need help on eec sending WOT signal to integrated relay

al welling

I have a 1990 sc. I'm getting a constant WOT signal from the eec to the solid state integrated relay of .012 volts. This is activating the solid state WOT cut out circuit in the integrated relay, thus no AC. I'm testing with the pressure sensor switch jumped. Have tested the TPS and its voltages are in range according to the Ford 1990 engines and emission shop manual. Sent eec to SIA and they say it is functioning properly. Find no shorts to ground or power when testing eec harness through a breakout box in the WOT circuit to relay or TPS circuit. When the AC is on, engine not running and relay pin 22 at the fan relay is not connected eliminating the WOT signal to the relay, the compressor clutch engages and stays engaged but the high fan does not come on. When it is connected the clutch engages and immediately releases and no high fan. All fan and Ac clutch circuits can be activated jumping the circuits at the relay. Does the EEC use any of the other sensors to determine a state of WOT other than the TPS?. Would greatly appreciate any help.

Double check all your grounds for the motor, the frame connections and the grounds going into the EEC and IRCM. It looks like you have a ground that is "floating" and causing enough of a difference to kick out the relay.

The rest of your systems could be running perfectly.

Back