grinding downshift?

sinhumane

ok, this morning on the way to work, i was coming to a stop and went to downshift into second from third.. it made this ghastly grinding sound and wouldnt engage. clutch was depressed FIRMLY and i had to backtrack into neutral to get it to go in right... then, while i was at starbucks, sitting and waiting, i had the car in neutral, running, kept the clutch depressed, shifted into first, and it dies... wasnt a rough sputtering, it jsut quit... i started it, it went... that was that... and after that it up-and downshifted without a single peep.... ~~~? (to my knowledge, this car has a new clutch btw) :confused:

Try to bleed the air in the line at the slave cylinder.

Also is the trans full of fluid? It uses automatic trans fluid. I have synthetic Dex-III in mine.

heh, now i feel dumb... i was observing my driving syle this morning, and i do start to move the shifter before the clutch is on the floor, and i release the clutch before its completely in gear. you live you learn.... :eek:

Heel toe that sucker, it will really help with your down shifts.
I know the SC needs the gas pedal raised slightly to make that easier, but it works OK with a little practice the way it is stock.

there is a quick and dirty mod that involves soem stiff nylon tubing, and either hose clamps or zip ties, that will level out the pedals... i did it on my lx, and i will prolly do it on the sc as soon as i get acclimated to the nearly 100 hp jump in power... :)

Back