Part Number for 15 inch skinnies that will fit our cars?

Dave, the part number is kind of irrelevant now, they are long discontinued as a new item. E9SZ 1K007 A was it, if you really need to know. :D

The classifieds here, or searching the salvage yards, are pretty much the options for getting your hands on a pair. I guess you've abandoned the narrowed XR-7 wheels, due to lack of skinny 16" tire availability?

cheers
Ed N.

Yeah. I could you my steel spare . . .but was thinking about going to Welds or MT's . . . and was wondering what people have purchased.

The PN you gave me was that for a steel 15 inch spare? Hom much for the Lincoln LS Spares in the 17'? I know they do 17" skinnies?

Dave

Is anyone out there running Centerline skinnies? What backspacing are you running for the stock wheels and brakes?

Dave

Dave, check with Micah. He's not running Centerlines, but he is running welds. I don't know the specifics, but I know he's running a 1" spacer so the fronts clear his 13" brakes.

Fronts are 15 X 3.5 with zero offset. Rears are 15 X 8 with 5.5 bs and 26 X 11.5 ET streets. I need a 1 inch spacer in front and a 3/8 spacer in rear.

Dave, that number is for the 15" aluminium mini-spare wheels that lots of guys are running for skinnies on an SC. They can be found for sale in the classifieds here from time to time.

cheers
Ed N.

Kurt is right, you most likely will need something, but probably half the spacer I'm using (or you may be able to grind away at a bracket?) The bracket that runs around the rear brakes is what interferes there and you can easily shave 3/8 inch off each bracket. If there is a bracket that interferes up front, you can grind away or cut that off. Problem with the cobra brakes is the caliper smacks into the lip of the 15 inch skinny...so it physically is too big to tuck under the rims (at least with a 13 inch rotor installed too)

Spacer

Fronts are 15 X 3.5 with zero offset. Rears are 15 X 8 with 5.5 bs and 26 X 11.5 ET streets. I need a 1 inch spacer in front and a 3/8 spacer in rear.

Micah,
Where did you find the 1" spacer of that size or did you have it made specific for you.

Smitty

Ebay. They have all kinds of spacers. Mine actually mounts to the lugs on my hub, then has another set of 3 inch long studs mounted into the spacer.

by chance

Ebay. They have all kinds of spacers. Mine actually mounts to the lugs on my hub, then has another set of 3 inch long studs mounted into the spacer.

Micah, do you happen to have the Mustang hubs on your SC. I can only find spacers for the 5X4.5 pattern or adapter for the 5x4.25 to the 5x4.5, so either way it looks like I need a mustang bolt pattern wheel for a skinny.

Smitty

I was going to send you to Micah's member page, but then I noticed it doesn't have much information on it.

Micah has converted to the 5X4.5 bolt pattern.

P.S. How did you do in KC 2 weeks ago?

What kurt said....4.5 here. And the only reason I have these retarded long lug studs is because the weld wheel has a very thick hub. A centerline drag wheel does not require long lug studs or goofy special lug nuts. However, it will still be a 4.5 pattern and getting a 3.5 inch skinny is only allowable in SS and Convo Pro I believe. The really nice looking Telstars are 4 inches wide....and if you have big brakes, every 1/2 inch you have to push the wheel outward really takes it toll on the looks.

Just to make sure Dave has a clear answer for his original question, the aluminium spare wheels that came in some Super Coupes will work as direct bolt-ons to use as 15" skinnies, with the stock brakes. No spacers or anything else required, lots of people using them this way. Get two of those, along with a pair of 165R15 VW Beetle application tires, and you're ready to go.

cheers
Ed N.

Just to make sure Dave has a clear answer for his original question, the aluminium spare wheels that came in some Super Coupes will work as direct bolt-ons to use as 15" skinnies, with the stock brakes. No spacers or anything else required, lots of people using them this way. Get two of those, along with a pair of 165R15 VW Beetle application tires, and you're ready to go.

cheers
Ed N.
Ed, try not to interupt the hijack :D

The Beetle tires will work, but will definitely be heavier than if you can find a true drag tire in the correct size.

Back