Weird noise in front end

johnwartjr

When the car corners, especially at low speed, it has a squeal/grunt sound to it.

When the engine is shut off and you get in or out of the car on either side, it does squeal a little.

Have had both upper control arms recently replaced and aligned. Sound is louder when cornering.

Sometimes the steering wheel does not want to return to center when you release it after cornering - or it returns part way and stops.

Thoughts?

put the front on jackstands, set your parking brake and turn the wheel out... grab that tie rod, and wiggle it around to see if it has any play to it.may just need greased.. you could have the boots on your p/s rack squeaking too... i would suspect either or both with those symptoms.

shop says it's a lower passenger side ball joint, getting that replaced + alignment, 278.75 for that

fuel filter is leaking, 100 bucks to replace that inc parts

wanted to do a brake job, I'm equipped to do that myself and the car stops fine :)

Total out the door including diagnosis, taxes etc is $413.50

Not having a car payment and driving the car of my dreams: priceless :)

I'm thinking tie-rods. My '93 SHO had a bad moaning sound when turning at low speed (like pulling into a parking spot) and when I replaced the tie-rods (inner and outer) it stopped...
BTW, It's a lot easier to do on a RWD car.

Back