Dynomax Cat-Back Question....

SteveSilverSC

Hey everybody,

I was looking at a Summit Catalog when I noticed that they have a Dynomax cat back exhaust for our cars. But it's only for 89-91, and you have to get the 92-97 gas tank for the exhaust to fit on them. I was just wondering if the dynomax cat-back would fit on my 92 Thunderbird since the only diffeence between the 89-91s and the 92+ are the gas tanks. Any hel would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

i got my dynomax cat back kit from Jegs. and it bolted right on my 92 sc. I recomend getting another resonator...i have the flowmaster res and the dynomax cat back and i really like the sound....the best tone i've heard, but its not much louder than stock. Gutting the cats helped that problem out. Now its perfect. IF you go with the flowmaster res and the dynomax cat back you will need to modify the dynomax pipe that goes through the gas tank. You need to cut about 6 inches off...and flare the end to make it a female end. Also you need to bend one of the bends more....about 2 inches. Its hard to explain now ,but once its on the car....you'll see what i'm talking about. This is because the flowmaster res has an offset outlet, and the dynomax is made for a center outlet with a ball flange. A local shop bend the pipe and flared it all for 15 bucks.

Back