PDA

View Full Version : Impeller Engineer

Super XR7
07-24-2007, 07:46 PM
I am currently working on a electric water pump housing for our 3.8's. I have a preliminary design complete and would like to have someone who is knowledgeable on the stator side of impeller design to review. PM me if you are willing to help.

Mike

Super XR7
07-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the help!, the initial design is complete. Prototype manufacturing has started, once testing is complete we will have a group buy. The group buy will start early next year.

Mike

XR7 Dave
07-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Was someone actually able to help or are you being sarcastic? :cool:

rickbtbird
07-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the help!, the initial design is complete. Prototype manufacturing has started, once testing is complete we will have a group buy. The group buy will start early next year.

Mike
So where would I plug this unit in.

XxSlowpokexX
07-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Hey Mike,

Is that the 4.6 Mezziere pump with an adapter plate?

Mike8675309
07-28-2007, 10:09 AM
I am currently working on a electric water pump housing for our 3.8's. I have a preliminary design complete and would like to have someone who is knowledgeable on the stator side of impeller design to review. PM me if you are willing to help.

Mike

Mike,

I would see if someone at http://www.evanscooling.com/ would discuss impeller design with you. If you are doing something like this, it might be nice to have two options. One for regular coolant and one for NPG and I know they did quite a bit of work on impeller design when they first came to market.

Super XR7
07-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Was someone actually able to help or are you being sarcastic? :cool:

I did recieved some help.

Super XR7
07-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey Mike,

Is that the 4.6 Mezziere pump with an adapter plate?

Yes, that is a 4.6 Mezziere pump. There are two adapter plates because of the Mezziere impeller. What you see would bolt to the timing chain cover (the timing is not shown).

Mike

Super XR7
07-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Mike,

I would see if someone at http://www.evanscooling.com/ would discuss impeller design with you. If you are doing something like this, it might be nice to have two options. One for regular coolant and one for NPG and I know they did quite a bit of work on impeller design when they first came to market.

Very good idea, thanks.

Mike

XxSlowpokexX
07-30-2007, 12:58 AM
the evans pumps are designed to move the npg series of coolants due to viscocity issues.

I have one of those pumps for my 4.6 SOHC. Nice thing is you can get one with the built in pulley.

I'd be willing to try out this setup whenever your done with it...Its exactly what Ive been lkooking for

Mike8675309
07-30-2007, 12:45 PM
I'll buy one if it's made. The best aftermarket water pump is still not quite what I'd consider perfect. I'm running NPG-R in my motor currently and it seems to be doing just fine with my 1.25" tubed griffin radiator.

Toms-SC
07-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Super XR7 is this going to flow more or the same as the Stock SC unit? This is a really really cool idea.

XxSlowpokexX
07-30-2007, 04:57 PM
I actually used a 1.5 inch duel core griffith rad for my NPG coolant...the rad is very important as well..The npg and rad I have in my red SC..The pump= is soon to be installe din my v8 bird

Super XR7
07-30-2007, 07:12 PM
I will have one on my car for the Shootout and will also bring one for anyone to look at. I did talk to Evans and they suggested that I run the lower viscosity fluid with I believe was the NPG-R. I also talked with Meziere and they said there was no issue running the Evans with their water pump and that there were a lot of their customers running Evans waterless coolant.
I will keep you guys posted and shoot up some pics of the adapter in various manufacturing steps.

Mike

Mike8675309
07-30-2007, 08:22 PM
NPG-R is their latest greatest, but it doesn't like the cold, and it is a one year coolant. (probably a good two year coolant for as little use as my car gets).

The 1.5 tube is why it's o.k. to use the NPG+ coolant. The 1.25 would have issues with the viscosity. It looks like it will be a race for Mike's projects. Electric waterpump vs new head design.

XxSlowpokexX
07-30-2007, 09:35 PM
hate to say it but Ill take teh WP!!!!