couple question

WorrGrover

ok i posted about my car clanking and sounding like a deisel after it warms up and hits boost or starts to hit boost, but i changed the supercharger on it, its still doing it. so i took my old one apart, i looked at the coupler, would u be able to physically see if its worn? because mine looks liek the holes are perfectly round.

thats good question...lol. honestly...I dont think u would be able to see if its worn. u cant physically see break rotors warpped...

i put the coupler back on the shaft and felt which set of holes was looser, then i tried to see if there was any play, it seemed to have some but im not sure if there will be any at all. would disconnecting the egr cause stalling? i have a 90 but i think i have a newer blower because it has a factory block off plate for hte egr, so i disconnected it aka cut it off and welded the exhaust closed to get rid of it cuz i didn think it would be a problem but now hte car seems to stall a decent amount. but i dunno if the coupler being bad would cause stalling as well? i dont see how it would but input is greatly apprieciated.

If it is a '90 Automatic, it doesn't have EGR. It will have a blockoff plate on the plenum. Oh, and the couple worn would not cause stalling. You can take off the SC belt and drive the car around with the SC not spinning. The car will still idle and run normally. I would check for vaccum leaks, and to see that your IC tubes are sealed up good.

Last edited:
its a 5 speed. i have the coupler ordered but no estimated delivery time. now now she just sits under a tree. lol. i take it out like once a day and after it stalls it needs to be cranked for like 2 mins to start. but once it starts it pretty much stays running. and when its cold it starts real easy.

no i didnt check the dis, but it didnt do it prior to adding this blower, i didnt know if a newer model blower on an older car makes a diff on anything... also would the coupler go bad from the motor getting hot? cuz when it first happened i thought it was pinging real bad cuz the thermostat went and the motor got hot, but still in normal range. when i popped the hood the expansion tank was bubbling like a boil. so i changed the thermostat and had that noise since. so then i changed otu the blower. still got htat noise, i just checked and it said my coupler and seal arrived today so im praying that fixes it. =/

Back