95 wiper motor replacement

fixmysc

Hello All:
After installing a rebuilt engine into my '95. I'd say the hardest part of the job was getting the cowl/wiper assembly back in! All those hoses and wires at the firewall made getting it in almost impossible.
Anyway, after installing the wiper motor and its connector, I tried the switch only to find the wiper motor didn't work. The washer pump was fine however. So, fuse is okay; is there any test I can do without removing the beast to determine if infact the wiper motor is shot?
Can I pull off the wiper motor from any other ford product, as I've not found any other 94-95 birds in the local wreckers?
Thanks for your help,
Art

wiper motor

Art,
I am going to suggest the simplest thing, check to make sure the plug is connected. I can't tell you how many times I have installed the wiper section and forgot to plug the motor back in. I'm glad the motor worked out I don't check the technical forums much as there are several more knowledgeable people on here. Do you want to trade seats I need a fold down in tan.:p Ohwell it was worth a try.
John

Back