5 speed syncros

NickM

Anyone have an actual part number for the syncros?
I have the first gear ordered, but the rest are discontinued.
I know everyone says use the F150 syncros, but there are a ton ofd different ones within that group.
BTW, the syncro for first on ours is used for 1,2 and 4 on the truck trans.
I mainly need the first three for mine, since general consensus is those are the ones that go.

Nick

Check with Southern Gear and Liberty Transmission. I cant remember who had them, but I believe that one of their shops still carried the OEM style with the fibre backing.

Chris

Are these the ones your talking about? These are the blockers. The syncros are another part all together.
Just so you know 1-4 are the same. 5th and reverse are differnt. So far as I know these are not available any more.

Attachments

• blockers.jpg
    blockers.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 65
SC Bird, would you post the Ford PN's you have for those. That way we can be on the look out for some that show up at obsolete houses..

Teh first gear one I have coming is an F1TZ-G 7107 (according to the parts guy, ALL syncros are 7107's)

As I stated up above, this was listed as the same for '91 F150, 1,2, and 4, but only for 1st on the SC (I went looking for '89, but all years are the same, are they not?
All other gears were listed as discontinued. Is this a case of not exactly the correct app, but works anyway?

Nick

Last edited:
I really dont know yet. I have one here to tear down, but it continues to get pushed further and further back on the "to do" list. I had planned to go through it two years ago...and it is still sitting in the same spot on the same shelf as it was then.

Chris

Just about everything has been discontinued, welcome to a 12 year plus car. The blockers from a F150 is all we can get and they dont have the fiber backing, (all brass blockers). The verdict is still out on these.

Some folks say that after awhile the brass ones are not too bad. IF you use them though, don't use the friction modifier as I hear that makes the brass ones really slip.

Back