PDA

View Full Version : its an alarm problem

89tird
07-27-2007, 01:45 PM
found out that my keyless entry module is clicking and at the same time my fuel relay is clicking .. when i close the door they both stop but then a relay on the ecm takes over clicking, i think all of this is not letting me start the car..

i installed the horn relay where my fuel relay goes and still nothing still clicking , the alarm light blinks when my door is opened when i go to start i loose all power and dash lights just blink .. all fuses look good :confused:

92sclikenew
07-27-2007, 03:02 PM
found out that my keyless entry module is clicking and at the same time my fuel relay is clicking .. when i close the door they both stop but then a relay on the ecm takes over clicking, i think all of this is not letting me start the car..

i installed the horn relay where my fuel relay goes and still nothing still clicking , the alarm light blinks when my door is opened when i go to start i loose all power and dash lights just blink .. all fuses look good :confused:

um i think your battery is almost dead.. when it starts to have its fit thats because your dome lights are kill all the power the car has.. atleast this is what i would think is happening

89tird
07-27-2007, 03:56 PM
ya im getting a new batt. just got a new fuel pump relay and i dont hear the clicking of the keyless entry module or the fuel relay anymore , still dont hear the pump priming though . is it supposed to be loud ?

92sclikenew
07-27-2007, 07:16 PM
ya im getting a new batt. just got a new fuel pump relay and i dont hear the clicking of the keyless entry module or the fuel relay anymore , still dont hear the pump priming though . is it supposed to be loud ?

mine wines pretty loud and its even louder down by the passager side back wheel..

89tird
07-28-2007, 11:40 AM
$70 for a new battery and still nothing !! when i press the window switch to down everything dies.

scbird1
07-28-2007, 12:42 PM
You have a bad connection in a ground or positive cable. Could be on the starter or on the starter solinoid. Check the main cables first. They might look good but one is corroded or lose.

92sclikenew
07-28-2007, 01:04 PM
check starter i was having the issue of a no start like this and it was the power going to the starter being corroded:cool: sorry i didnt say this sooner i forgot:rolleyes: :eek:

89tird
07-28-2007, 01:25 PM
wouldnt jumping the solenoid on the fender eliminate the possibility of the starter being bad ?? the motor cranks through the solenoid just not through the ignition switch , but i read somewhere that when you turn the ignition switch and your lights dim that means that the ignition switch is working good... i will check those cables though ;)

also should i get a solenoid click when turning the key ?? i dont get any

birds4us
07-28-2007, 01:40 PM
When you say that you hit the window switch and everything dies, do you mean that it is like the battery gets disconnected, as in the lights in the dash go out completly?

89tird
07-28-2007, 01:46 PM
yes like the battery gets disconnected but the lights dont go out they just dim and even using the lock/unlock switch makes the interior lights dim , it works but it has a hard time pushing the lock up

birds4us
07-28-2007, 02:00 PM
The first thing I would do would be to make sure that your battery cables, terminals and engine grounds are clean and tight.

89tird
07-28-2007, 02:08 PM
ya i got new battery terminals but they are cheap and look like they are going to fall apart soon , one of the wires for the solenoid on the fender was kind of loose cleaned it up and got it tight im doing the starter cables right now and check for power

89tird
07-28-2007, 02:16 PM
should the small cable on the starter itself have power when the key is turned to start ? i get nothing on the cable itself but i have power on the screw it goes on and on the other 2 big posts

birds4us
07-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Yes, the small wire should get power when the ignition is turned to the start position only.

89tird
07-28-2007, 02:37 PM
ok so that means im not getting power to the starter through the ignition switch but i am through the solenoid , what should i check next ?? im not too good with electrical stuff i hate all that wiring and stuff

birds4us
07-28-2007, 02:49 PM
How many wires do you have going to the starter? Not the wires on the starter itself, just the ones going to it from the vehicle.

scbird1
07-28-2007, 03:24 PM
You might have a bad ignition switch as well as a bad connection.

89tird
07-28-2007, 03:34 PM
2 wires going to the starter big gauge wire and a small one , the one on the starter itself is a braided wire. i did the test for the starter solenoid and i got around 5v, im looking at the haynes manual and i just did the finding a short test , removed some fuses and checked for shorts with a test light , i got shorts on the front and stop lights dont see how this is preventing me from starting the car ?

89tird
07-28-2007, 04:34 PM
ok rechecked fuel rail remember i got a new fuel pump relay , no fuel coming out , switched back to old relay and now the valve gets flooded with fuel, so i sprayed some fuel on the throttle body and tried jumping the solenoid again and nothing doesnt spark anymore , could the solenoid be my problem ?

S_Mazza
07-28-2007, 10:22 PM
If you are jumping the solenoid, it's out of the circuit, so it can't be your problem. Do you still have battery voltage at the one solenoid post?

89tird
07-29-2007, 09:18 PM
i was jumping the solenoid but its not working anymore i guess it got burnt

89tird
07-30-2007, 06:40 PM
ok i bought a new starter solenoid when i went to install it with the installation diagram i saw that the old solenoid was installed wrong. the battery cable instead of being on the b post it was on the m post (for starter) with 3 other cables that i dont know what they are for , so installed correctly by the diagram but i get no power on anything , so i switched back to the way it was and it works, still cant start the car or jump the solenoid though ill take some pics later , anybody got a diagram for the solenoid installation?

birds4us
07-30-2007, 07:08 PM
See if yours looks similar to this -

93 Starting system picture in this thread
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47979

89tird
07-30-2007, 07:52 PM
it says i don have permission to see that page

birds4us
07-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Try this.........

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7423&d=1089636195

89tird
07-30-2007, 10:33 PM
:( i still cant see it

birds4us
07-30-2007, 10:51 PM
I will try to take a pic and post it tomorrow evening.

89tird
07-31-2007, 04:11 PM
thank you!

birds4us
07-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Here is a pic.................

89tird
07-31-2007, 09:19 PM
ya thats how i got it , which means i still havnt found my problem :( , thanks alot though man!

89tird
08-01-2007, 04:23 PM
it lives !!! for like two seconds:D , for some reason the starter solenoid let me jump it again , i sprayed some fuel in the throttle body and opened the ignition switch , it started right up by the solenoid , sounds like crap because my manifolds to cats are disconected, so does this mean that my fuel pump is bad ?? i get fuel at the rail , im thinking that the car shut down after the fuel at the tb evaporated.

still cant start it by the ignition switch and for some reason i couldnt jump it anymore , the batt has juice but the post where the + cable connects to the solenoid does not have juice and now my dash lights dont even come on ??

89tird
08-01-2007, 04:34 PM
ok got all the power back started it like 3 times without spraying fuel in the throttle body.. same deal shuts off after two seconds and the scariest part is like when it shuts off theres like a loud scream coming from the front of the engine a loud squeeel like an accessory stops the belt or belt slipping ??

and also a couple of tapping sounds from the drivers valve cover :(

scbird1
08-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Do you have a old aftermarket alarm on your car? If so remove it and solder the wires back together. These things can cause so many problems when they get old. all most all cut the starter wires from the ignition switch. At least you can rule out the alarm causing any problems. I have seen some alarms installed with just tape on the wires. A fire going somewhere to happen.:eek:

89tird
08-01-2007, 06:17 PM
ya i guess the guy before me installed a bulldog alarm doesnt work though , when i got the car i called his mom and she said it never worked , most of the stuff is barely twisted and without electrical tape , he even had some gum and gum wrap around one of the connections :rolleyes:.

i want to remove it but theres like 50000 wires down there , i disconected a black box labeled bulldog but thats it , the thing is i never messed with anything electrical when i did my hg so i dont know why its acting up

89tird
08-02-2007, 06:31 PM
ok i cant get the damn sc belt on !!! any tricks ??

i tried starting it today by solenoid again , started then loud squeel and shut off , some smoke came out around the ps pump , i installed a new ps pump when i did the hg's ... my question is will the car run properly with just the main belt ??? nobody has been able to answer this , i could get the main and the other belt easily but not the sc belt.