no start...

rzibilske77

well i have had a problem with the car abruptly stalling and taking many turnovers to crank back up.........anyhow now that i have had this going on for awile now i have notice.
when i turn key on and the check eng. light comes on (along with all the other dash lighs it will crank. and start.
But if i turn the key on and the check eng. light does not come on it will not start......i have noticed this and im stumped.......any ideas?

It has a new fuel pump and filter..............what im have trouble with is, why sometimes the cel light comes on with key and not everytime........something electrical is causing it and im not sure.

just bought one, if any of the sensors were bad, i would think i would have codes.......in which im clear of any.

I'm guessing that if the check engine light is off and there are no codes, then maybe the EEC is not getting power. You could have a loose connection at the EEC fuse.

Pat, I went to pick up a gauge but autozone only had for GM(i firgured all would be universal fit on schrader valve), so no i havent.

The gauges that come with the fittings to screw onto the schrader dont fit good, try just getting the smallest possible gauge and then just take your schrader out and screw in an adapter or 90 degree elbow.

Just a thought

I'm guessing that if the check engine light is off and there are no codes, then maybe the EEC is not getting power. You could have a loose connection at the EEC fuse.

you were in the right area, nothing was loose, but the relay was on its way out causing undetectable major havoc.....

Back