View Full Version : Intake Tubes

07-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Looking to get a intake tube put together recently I found a company that makes pieces you can assemble into something.


This car has a 75mm throttle body, and 80mm maf. So I used a 3" to 4" adapter for the throttle body to a 4" diameter, 4" long straight polished aluminum tube. I then connected that via a 4" clamp to a 4" diameter 6" long 22 degree bend. That was then connected to a 4" to 3.5" adapter to the MAF.

The K&N filter has a 4" connection on it. I had to fab up a quick bracket to support the assembly. I'll do something better when I build a divider to isolate the filter. I'm also looking to get a shorter filter. That one is kinda long.

Total cost on the assembly right around $50. They make that stuff in 3" as well and either aluminum or chromed ABS plastic.

Randy N Connie
07-29-2007, 11:08 PM
polished or chrome metal tube would have a nice bling factor.
But different types of plastic tube may absorb less heat .

On the MAF side of my cold air wall, I have CETEX aluminum
foil covered foam glued to the cold air wall. I also had foam
between the radiator overflow bottle & bottom of cold air tube.
And a peice of foam on the front of overflow bottle, inside of
coldair area.
I don't know if it helps cut down on heat.
But If thought counts it works great. :)


07-29-2007, 11:22 PM

Will they make them any way you want it. I would like to get a piece with the 22 degree bend and 7 inch legs on it. It would look so much better than the SCP tube. Not to mention its chrome and most of my engine bay is polished aluminum and silver jethot coating.

07-30-2007, 12:37 PM
The pipes are all fixed in size thus it is a modular system. For 4" polished aluminum tube you can get 4" long straights or 6" long straights. The 22 degree elbow is 4" long, though due to the bend the actual length may be different. 3" aluminum tube has more options, with 90, 60, 45, and 22 degree bends.

They sell a kit for $10 that is just plastic 3" pieces you can use to mock up an intake system. It's a bunch of straights, a bunch of bends, 90 and 22. That can be used to get you close to what you want. Just make sure you consider coupler lengths. The aluminum but to but coupler is just that, but to but. The reducers though add 2". That threw me off so I ended up ordering one more straight than I needed.

Note the $50 above didn't include the filter. Filter itself was close to $50.

I'd go to the website and click on the community button. They have a forum there that is monitored by the company and they are quick to answer questions.

07-30-2007, 12:48 PM
off topic......where'd you get that fuel pressure gauge?

07-30-2007, 12:57 PM
I purchased it from Summit racing
Summit # ATM-2173 $28.99 for the gauge.
Summit # ATM-3280 $7.95 for the adapter to go from the bleeder screw on the fuel rail to the pipe thread on the gauge.

And then $10.00 for a bag of (10) 45-degree brass street elbows to get it to fit without hitting the collar on the blower. Finding those elbows was a chore, ended up getting them from Grainger and had to buy a pack of 10. No hardware store seems to stock a selection of 45 degree brass elbows. Everything 45 degree is in steel. brass is either 90 or straight.

07-30-2007, 01:16 PM
I'd go to the website and click on the community button. They have a forum there that is monitored by the company and they are quick to answer questions.

Thanks, Site ??

07-30-2007, 02:19 PM
sorry, http://www.spectreperformance.com

Summit carries their stuff but you have better luck ordering through Autozone as it'll happen faster.