PDA

View Full Version : Finally!! temp is normal!! pics....

slipknot1212121
07-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Well this is what happens when you replace thermastast,hoses,waterpump,electric fan ,rad.cap and finally a good used radiator that doesnt leak! that pic was idling..on a 95 degree day ...when I drove it around for about 30 minutes it slowly climbed to almost midway, 12 o' clock position, then turn on my fan by a switch and went down a little....I think its pretty good when before it sprayed coolant from the old radiator, boiled the overflow, weep hole on waterpump leaking and stock t stat, the temp would be right at the red....

fturner
07-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Get yourself a real temp gauge instead of relying on that factory garbage, ESPECIALLY since your running your fan manually.

I've seen some cars over heating on that gauge at the mid point, while others could hit the red before over heating.

runasoft
07-29-2007, 11:24 PM
I did the exact same things you did but am still awaiting my radiator to come in on tuesday. The car gets hot and boils over.. I took it to a ford certified mechanic and he overlooked it and told me it was just my radiator after I had replaced everything else.

I tried to get my radiator rodded out and they told me the radiator was in too terrible of shape to be cleaned :( So I had to buy a good used one from a member here on the forums..

I'm crossing my fingers that this clears up the problem... It's not the headgaskets because I don't have exhaust smell coming from the radiator or overflow tank.. NO oil in my coolant and no coolant in my oil and my car isnt' smoking.. The mechanic verified all of this when he checked it out. He was like "i could tell you it's your head gaskets and charge you 500 bucks to replace em but that wouldn't be right.. it's just your radiator" WHEW!!

anyhow, didn't mean to hijack your thread but congratulations on getting the SC running cool :).. Hope to post here soon too if my overheating problems are resolved :)

- Rudy

slipknot1212121
07-30-2007, 12:35 AM
No problem... it should work, And hey if it doesnt, atleast you have a good cooling system for new head gaskets, thats the way I look at it...

p.s. Dont worry fturner..I already have a dual a pillar pod with a autometer boost guage and Im just waiting for someone on here to pop up with a temp guage.. as a/f ratio guages are worthless

92sclikenew
07-30-2007, 03:55 PM
No problem... it should work, And hey if it doesnt, atleast you have a good cooling system for new head gaskets, thats the way I look at it...

p.s. Dont worry fturner..I already have a dual a pillar pod with a autometer boost guage and Im just waiting for someone on here to pop up with a temp guage.. as a/f ratio guages are worthless

well if you dont wat a/f get a fuel pressure gauge...:rolleyes: just an opion if you didnt have one..