~~~ Is This!?!?! Please Please Look!

Bacondoggy

Does he have the ram air going into the top of the SC? wouldn't that be a vac leak? I sent the guy this:

First of all - WHAT!?! Ok I have had a few supercoupes, and IF this was rebuilt by someone who knew anything about cars, WHY IS THERE A RAM AIR on this? If the car IS supercharged, there is already "forced induction". "ram air" won't do ANYTHING. Not to mention you can't even see the supercharger. What gives here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Thunderbird-Supercoupe-3-8L-supercharged-motor_W0QQitemZ140143148787QQihZ004QQcategoryZ33615QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

here is a pic of the engine if you don't want to go to the ebay page:

b699_1.JPG

b7ad_1.JPG

and the description (he wants 1800 for the engine):
"3.8 supercharged (M-90) Completly rebuilt motor and super charger. Redone by a professional drag racing engine builder.

- Hoses, Cables, Gaskets, Bearings, New Oil Pump, New Water Pump, New Timing Chain and Gear Assemblys, and Heads were completely re-machined .

-JDM 2.5 Inlet 2.5 Outlet ALUMINUM INTERCOOLER

- MARCH 10% Supercharger Pulley Set With Interior

1500 miles since build. complete w/ pulleys, belt, injectors, mass air, short tube headers, intercooler and all sensors attached to the motor."

:eek: :eek:

I want to see what it looks like with the hood closed.. I bet that Ranger really hauls butt (if it can get traction wiht the light rear... I drove a 4-cyl Ranger 4X4 for a few years of high school. That 2.3L motor was pretty torquey in it. I even did a few unbelievable burnouts in it, kicking the rear end sideways from a standstill in a straight line... Wonder what year ranger it is in...

I'm guessing that the shaker scoop on top is for cosmetic purposes only, and is not hooked up to anything.

cheers
Ed N.

Looks like...

there's a flex hose running from under the McDonald's trash can lid to the side of the airbox.

While I realize our engines won't benefit from a ram air system in the same way as an NA engine will, I modified a March ram air system for the Mustang on my SC years ago. What I do gain is a ample supply of cold as it's gonna get air to the SC.

Back