S Port Pics

sccrewzer

I just picked up a late model blower for $200 I was woundering if anybody has some pictures and mesurements to port these to the s port I looked at manny's pics they look good, but what are the mesurements that have to be removed from those areas shown? What do you charge manny to port it? One more thing is it hard to remove and reinstall the the rotors on the SC?:D

The problem with the whole 'home port' thing is that nobody actually does any testing to prove that it works. There are no before and after flow measurements, no charge temperature readings, nothing. They take their best guess and bust out the grinder. 'Did ya test it?' 'Heck no, it feels like I gained 35HP on my but-o-dyno'.

Good luck

Did they test them..Actually yes.

Magnuson did a bunch of testing on the S-port

The process involves a lil shaving and recountouring of the inlet and mimicks Eatons later generation blowers. Alledgedly less heat and better airflow are the result and claims were somewhere between 15 and 20 over the factory 94/95 blower. This is what I recall and I;m sure the info is still out there on the net somewhere. Now the S port is easy to mimic and involves minimal porting. I'd go for it

ESM also had done a bunch of testing of there various blower ports. The latest of which was a DIII which very closely resemples MP's most recent MPX/MPIII port which ultimately mimics Eatons most recent port designs. ESM no longer does this from what I understand although they advertise on the SCCOA as the High Speed Lab or something like that. I re call a bunch of ACT temp and airflow data for those blowers back in the day...But unless you can get them to make one for you yer SOL

In closing an S port is a great upgrade for the 94/95 blower and I would do it.

You may find photos on here if you do a And good luck

The problem with the whole 'home port' thing is that nobody actually does any testing to prove that it works. There are no before and after flow measurements, no charge temperature readings, nothing. They take their best guess and bust out the grinder. 'Did ya test it?' 'Heck no, it feels like I gained 35HP on my but-o-dyno'.

Good luck

ouch!! dont be hate'n give a guy a break I dont claim hp gains I only do what people ask me to do . hell I run a home made S port clone on my sc no raised top stock ic home ported heads home ported exh manifolds , home modified maf home ported intake plenum 42 lbs inj, 70 mm tb no fancy anything infact looks stock oh yeah home made 10% crank pully home made 5% jackshaft pully and my sc turns low 13s on a good day no tune not real money spent. i run stock intake tube stock air box stock ic stock ic tubes stock exh ,manifolds stock everything my engine looks stock because its only filled with modified stock parts i passed so calif smog with it as it sits .

but i do make parts to make it faster i just dont feel the need to go faster in it .

but yeah i guess its all butt dyno but hey I charge 1/4 the price of the proven parts that nobody seems to be able to get the claimed hp from .

so am i a gamble a fake or not proven hell no i dont claim hp gains ,
i dont fail to gain what i say it will i have no power packages that dont make the claimed hp im not even on the same level as these im compared to .

im a retired man who likes to make some stuff on the side do they work well i doint think they hurt nobody has done a test on my stuff and i wont do a test i dont need to stisfiy the nay sayers ive never made anyone buy my stuff ive never forced anyone to buy my stuff they come to me they ask me i say yes or no if i can make it or not .

and one last thing i have no proof they make more hp and you dont have proof they remove power or make more heat what we have here is .
an attack on me by a person who seems to have his own sgenda.

you say i have not hp proof but you have no proof otherwise so why cut me down I never claimed any hp gains I never claimed these where my design .

ive been asked to copy this or copy that thats what i do in small numbers for people who ask me to do it i dont go out and give a sales pitch .

they come to me and nobody yet has complained to me . or id buy product back nobody is forced to keep my stuff now who gives you a warrantee like that and any problems with my stuff ill fix it for as long as you own it or im alive . free must be that rip off in me huh!

I just picked up a late model blower for $200 I was woundering if anybody has some pictures and mesurements to port these to the s port I looked at manny's pics they look good, but what are the mesurements that have to be removed from those areas shown? What do you charge manny to port it? One more thing is it hard to remove and reinstall the the rotors on the SC?:D

Yup I'd like to see some PICs and dimensions too. HP claims are over rated anyway

ouch!!
and one last thing i have no proof they make more hp and you dont have proof they remove power or make more heat what we have here is .
an attack on me by a person who seems to have his own sgenda.

Manny, this was not a direct attack on you but I guess you turned it around and made it one :rolleyes: It is a blanket statement about all home jobbers and super charger porting. After having my experience with the MP III I live by a simple philosophy....

proof or ~~~~

:D

Did they test them..Actually yes.

Magnuson did a bunch of testing on the S-port

The process involves a lil shaving and recountouring of the inlet and mimicks Eatons later generation blowers. Alledgedly less heat and better airflow are the result and claims were somewhere between 15 and 20 over the factory 94/95 blower. This is what I recall and I;m sure the info is still out there on the net somewhere. Now the S port is easy to mimic and involves minimal porting. I'd go for it

ESM also had done a bunch of testing of there various blower ports. The latest of which was a DIII which very closely resemples MP's most recent MPX/MPIII port which ultimately mimics Eatons most recent port designs. ESM no longer does this from what I understand although they advertise on the SCCOA as the High Speed Lab or something like that. I re call a bunch of ACT temp and airflow data for those blowers back in the day...But unless you can get them to make one for you yer SOL

In closing an S port is a great upgrade for the 94/95 blower and I would do it.

You may find photos on here if you do a And good luck

I am running the ESM DIII blower on my engine. It run out of boost 30percent overdrive and 13.5psi boost. May try a 2.3 whipple next.
________
The Vision

Last edited:
To both of you that would bash...

I happen to own a brand new, never used Magnuson S-port and I bought a power package that is Manny's work. I can see what both of them did. I think Manny's work is top notch and he guaranteed it even though I didn't buy it directly from him.

I really am getting a bit frustrated with the crowd of ~~~~ know-it-alls around here that are so quick to blast others efforts. How about this: What the ~~~~ are you bringing to the table?!? If you're so convinced brand X is the maker's gift to our cars and a cloned copy of that is not gonna work, how about you do some testing BEFORE you open your ~~~~!!

To all Members and Moderators: Please accept my apology for anything in this post that may have crossed the line. It truly is getting old listening to a bunch of self-professed experts stomp all over ideas they think aren't worthwhile without any basis to support it.

Think about this: The biggest challenge we face as a country and possibly as a species is the ability to listen to and accept ideas and beliefs that disagree with our own.

In your own words: It hasn't been tested except on a few cars here and there, so you don't know if it is functionally comparable or not, do you?!?!?!

You'll find that...

I don't mince words. I say what I mean and mean what I say. The statement reads exactly as it was intended to.

I am running the ESM DIII blower on my engine. It run out of boost 30percent overdrive and 13.5psi boost.

I was running 21psi with my DIII but with stock heads and cam..Besides that everything else had been changed from a modified to DIII MP inlet to kooks headers..I had a 10% jackshaft and a 3 inch pulley I believe...It kicked pie hole downstairs but the EEC would eventually cut the fun..I still have it..It will be used again and perhaps soon.

The S port is more then proven...Again Id go for it

I happen to own a brand new, never used Magnuson S-port and I bought a power package that is Manny's work. I can see what both of them did. I think Manny's work is top notch and he guaranteed it even though I didn't buy it directly from him.

I really am getting a bit frustrated with the crowd of ~~~~ know-it-alls around here that are so quick to blast others efforts. How about this: What the ~~~~ are you bringing to the table?!? If you're so convinced brand X is the maker's gift to our cars and a cloned copy of that is not gonna work, how about you do some testing BEFORE you open your ~~~~!!

To all Members and Moderators: Please accept my apology for anything in this post that may have crossed the line. It truly is getting old listening to a bunch of self-professed experts stomp all over ideas they think aren't worthwhile without any basis to support it.

Think about this: The biggest challenge we face as a country and possibly as a species is the ability to listen to and accept ideas and beliefs that disagree with our own.

In your own words: It hasn't been tested except on a few cars here and there, so you don't know if it is functionally comparable or not, do you?!?!?!

Hear! Hear!... totally agreed :D

Manny, this was not a direct attack on you but I guess you turned it around and made it one :rolleyes: It is a blanket statement about all home jobbers and super charger porting. After having my experience with the MP III I live by a simple philosophy....

proof or ~~~~

:D

So, your saying that all home jobbers etc can't do anything worth more than crap.... where the heck do you think it all started :rolleyes:

Good grief!!!!!!! Then folks wonder where some of the "gods" of the SC have went.... having to put up with with this type of stuff would drive anyone out.

It ALL starts with home jobbers. Most any job is about having the right tools and skill. It just sucks when the home jobbers turn it in to a business and won't share any information anymore.

A couple of DSM guys I know who turned their hobby in to a business have asked me not to share the connections I know. Then the one time I asked to store a car outside their shop, they ignored me. See if I keep my mouth shut anymore.

If it makes ya feel any better I'm getting ready to send my late model blower to Manny to get ported.Just waiting for my mp2 plenum to get here so I can send it and the blower to Manny to get it "massaged".Manny does nice work from everything I've seen and read.There is nothing wrong with home done port jobs as long as the person doing them knows what their doing.I'm sure there is a couple different people on here that can port blowers and heads that'll perform as well or better than the ones you can buy from the higher dollar companies.Not to mention most of the companies don't actually garuntees x# of horse power gains from there products they always say something like up to a 25 hp gain which means it could gain 0 or 25 who knows.j/m/h/o:D

Jay

So, your saying that all home jobbers etc can't do anything worth more than crap.... where the heck do you think it all started :rolleyes:

Good grief!!!!!!! Then folks wonder where some of the "gods" of the SC have went.... having to put up with with this type of stuff would drive anyone out.

For our cars it all started with Magnuson/ESM/Magnum Powers doing research, flow benching, rebuilding and testing to get maximum results. How much research goes into the average home jobber? Most likely none. If they clone a known good working product, great. In my original comments I was reffering to those that take a grinder and make pretty work but do not test anything. "It looks good, my butt dyno says it works" does not cut it. I want dyno sheets, charge air temp sheets, boost readings. Is it so much to ask for these people to back up their work? If they are so confident in their home work how about providing some information to the rest of the community :rolleyes: Exactly, they have none. This goes beyond just supercharger porting and applies to other products offered.

The 'Gods' of the SC such as Dr.Fred did research and provided everything I mentioned above.

Damon, this is the article you are reffering to:
http://www.sccoa.com/articles/blowerbuild.php

I consider this a personal attack and I'll treat it as such. What do I bring to the table? What do YOU bring to the table? I am attempting to share my knowledge to those that are willing to take it. If you want to waste your money and effort be my guest, I can't make you take it.

I'll tell you what I am bringing to the table, 5 years of hands on SC experience. I'm not talking theory either, I am talking practice. I have coughed up the big bucks for the big toys and have come to realize that most of the products out there are crap unless you are willing to go the full way. Some modifications I have done two, even three times over to get them right. You want specifics? I was one of the first to hop on the MP III hype and got what I think is MP III #3. You want some testing? We had a hand full of SC's out on the dyno. Two of the SC's including my own had the much hyped MP III, two of them had stock 94-95 Blowers with MP Intake Plenum's. I had my MP III at 12% OD and got a nice 238 HP. The other MP III car with 25% OD got a whopping 248 HP. The clinch is that the 94-95 Blower/MP Intake Plenum's provided more usable HP and reliable HP then the expensive MP III cars. Hell, one of the 94-95 Blower/MP Intake cars made the most peak HP at way less O/D. The one MP III car at 25% OD blew its HG's. My car is still a slow POS with all of these expensive modifications done (see my profile) while the 94-95 Supercharged cars are quicker, cheaper, and more reliable. Take note I've yet to see and test that new MP 25% O/D kit, this was all before that kit was out or even heard of.

My advice if you have read this far:
1) Get a 94-95 M90 w/ Magnum Power Inlet Plenum for a budget modification
2) Get a Magnuson S-Port 94-95 M90 w/ Magnum Power Inlet Plenum for a slightly more serious edge
3) Get a MP III/X ONLY IF YOU PLAN ON HEADS CAM AND LOTS OF O/D
4) If you happen to get lucky get the A/R if you want balls out
5) If you get a home port, you are rolling the dice. Any one remember the Morana V6 racing/Steigmeir ported supercharger? Ya :rolleyes:

How much money did I waste only to be slower then my competition at a fraction of the price? I'll never admit but if I could save some of you fellow SCers money I will feel better about my whole experience.

So anybody want a straight up trade for my MP III? Looking for a true Magnuson S-Port or an A/R, heck it looks like a manny port might be up my lane :)

So the question remains what do you bring to the table?

Last edited:
Soooooooooo...

Five whole years, Huh? WOW!! What I bring to the table, first and foremost is a respect for anyone who is willing to fork out the risk it takes to remove an integral piece of their precious toy and potentially hack it up in the pursuit of power, performance and driveability enhancements...And then sharing what they learned so others could follow, or learn, or take a diverse path! P.S. I didn't notice in your rant at me anywhere that you mentioned doing that yourself, just hammering those that did.

Second, I am an original owner of my '89 SC. I'll let you do the math on how many years that is. I was a member of the now defunct TIX, I communicated with Bill Hull. I may have been the first to replace the restrictive air inlet with a straight pipe. It was 3" PVC painted black hammer finish and used rubber plumbing fittings. I was UGLY and not something I would try to sell to anyone, but I didn't hide it either. I'm one of those guys that spent $1200 on a Magnuson S-port-when that's ALL THERE WAS!

I modified a harness to run a '93 PCM in mine. The rated HP was higher with no other modifications, and I could monitor data stream. I found a guy who recalibrated the original PCM to improve power.

Third, as a manufacturer of Ford's factory diagnostic equipment, I was flogging prototype SC's at the Dearborn Proving Grounds long before anybody even knew there was going to be a new body style T-bird. If it weren't for reliability concerns and the fact that it could create a sales problem for the GT Mustang, the SC could have been the nastiest car in the line-up.

The reason there is such a wide disparity in SC power outputs is, unlike the 5.0HO, they never worked on a 'zero-defect' mentality with the SC. Three identical SC's could come off the line and make different power levels.

I made 250/350 with an MPII and a 'custom' ESM plenum at 10% OD. In 90+ degree/90+ humidity weather with no IC fan. The same day a guy with an AR only made 235 & I don't recall the torque.

While I don't really care how you took my statement(s), I took yours as an assault on Manny personally and everyone else in statement 1 above. While I am not authorized to speak on Manny's behalf, and I hope he forgives me if I tread on him in any way, my previous statement stands as written.

Quit bashing those that choose to take risks we all benefit from, or stand to benefit from, especially if you haven't (by your own admission) even tried their approach. I would hate to think what it may have cost Manny and others like him in scrapped parts during the learning curve!

I'd be willing to trade a magnasun S port for the MPIII..The very same one Miller used to do his home port job. Pretty low miles too. It came with my AED kit for my 4.6.

I'm serious.

And I think what Tom was trying to say originally although it sure didnt come out in a nice way was when people experiment with different port configurations without knowing the theory behind what they are doing you may get less then expected results..Or even less then original results. This is one reason I absolutely hate porting things myself. I'd rather someone else do it. Manny copies other port configurations without a claim to fame. If the original port he copies was a failure well its no fault of his that his did as well. If teh original was a success..Well so will his. This goes for heads, superchargers or manifolds. Three sets of identical heads ported by three different people in three different parts of the world should come out looking relatively the same. The theory of cleaning up or porting a head is standard. Supercharger porting isnt a well known science however for thos ethat are in the know....Well heck they come out looking relatively the same as well.

Anyway Manny is allrigth with me and every port job...Is a home port job of some sort...Some just much better then others

Back