PDA

View Full Version : New hood?

franky_402
07-30-2007, 06:59 PM
ok i own a black 90 and there is some considerable rust on the hood. I was looking for some new hoods online and i can got a new oem hood for 270 but then its going to cost be 450 to get it painted. My friend just bought a carbon fiber hood for her del sol for 325 after shipping. I looked to see if i could find any but no luck. does anyone here have one that they could refer me or know someplace to get them for my car. Thanks in advance!

thunderkid84
07-30-2007, 08:50 PM
the hoods that SCP sells are fiberglass, which isnt as light as carbon fiber but its slot lighter than the stock hunk of metal.

CurtisPaulfrey
07-30-2007, 09:12 PM
ok i own a black 90 and there is some considerable rust on the hood. I was looking for some new hoods online and i can got a new oem hood for 270 but then its going to cost be 450 to get it painted. My friend just bought a carbon fiber hood for her del sol for 325 after shipping. I looked to see if i could find any but no luck. does anyone here have one that they could refer me or know someplace to get them for my car. Thanks in advance!

you own a black 90 SC and you wanna put a CF hood on it? :confused: I have never seen a ricer hood on a SC, I'll search and see what I can find

franky_402
07-31-2007, 08:04 PM
i just figured that way i wont have to paint it, im not a big fan of cf either but if it will save me a couple hundred on that it would be great, and i figured since its cf it would match closely to my black car, not as noticable! Thanks

CougarXR/7
07-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Drive out here!

The local U - Pull - It in Blue Island has hoods everyday for $45.00 and on Monday everything is 50% off!

It's on Western Ave. and 141st street in Blue Island. It would be an hours or so drive.

Juding by the prices you mentioned............you'll save a bundle!

There are always MN-12 cars there.

franky_402
07-31-2007, 09:08 PM
that sounds like a great idea, maybe i can come out there pretty soon, because my friend needs some parts for her del sol, pretty bad accident but she is fixin it up so its all good!