OK wiring gurus.

Tory Smith

I have a my 90 SC that has been sitting due to a broken balancer and no motivation… I now have a bhj and some motivation. I got it running and some new problems have risen.

First I have no power to a few things And maybe they are related,

I have no power to the onboard maintenance display also no blinkers]hazards, rear window defrost and ac/heater. Maybe a few other items but I haven’t noticed them. Also not sure if its related but I have no brakes and the Anti lock and brake lights are on. The car had been sitting for well over a year so I was thinking that was the cause of the brake issue.

Next.. I have some holes worn on the foot pad of near the gas pedal and it has two wires poking out. they broke off and I'm not sure what they do. I'm gonna pull the carpet and check it out but wondering if anyone here has experience with the wiring.

Thanks in advance
Tory

OK I know it may be the ignition switch.. But I had Ford replace it years ago. I will go ahead and check it anyway.

they were dirty.. Im at work but I think they were one black and one green. I will verify later.

I look into the hole in the carpet and I see serveral wires of the same color.

you said it had been sitting for a year, this might not be the problem but if all else fails then start wire chasing, after a year of sitting u might have gotten some mice or something in it chewing stuff up on u:(

I hate that you said that...

The time that it sat. It was in my driveway and I would open the hood often and even hose the spiderwebs out at times... But once.... I found A freakin mouse under the hood. He split and I kept a close eye after that. but who knows.

ok update.

It is the ignition switch..

But I still have these broken wires. One is black with a white strip and the other is blue.

I would look for the same color wires in that area. They would be close to where you found the broken wires.
I found a 89 Cougar XR7 that was sitting in a field for 7 yrs :eek: and have been chasing mice and wiring problems for three months. :eek: At last count it had 7 nests and 2 mice in it.. :( And one BIG snake skin wrapped around the eng compartment.:confused: If there are any more they are REALLY sneeky.:D

Tony
70 Mustang
89 Cougar XR7 (Now running-needs Int. In work)
90 Tbird SC (needs paint)
91 Tbird 5.0L (Still waiting eng rebuild)
94 Tbird LX (Girlfriends car- SHE LEFT AND TOOK CAR AND MY DOG:mad:)
94 Tbird LX (Daily driver)
95 Tbird LX 4.6L (parts car)

Back