Double IC with fan shroud

kenewagner

I am just finishing a Double Ic with a fan shroud. The shroud has inserts in it and a 8" perma cool fan will bolt right on to it. IC has a divider inside to split air stream to flow equal air to both cores. IC will be gloss black. Side panels are black as well, not my usual Stainless Steel. End tanks are custom fabricated to flow more air.

Cost is 340.00 shipped in mainland US + one core

I will send IC out to the buyer and buyer can ship his stock IC back when he mounts new one. Pictures are of a previous Intercooler with Stainless Steel sides. This one does NOT have the SS sides but look the same in everyother way.

Ken

Attachments

• Intercooler.jpg
    Intercooler.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IC 1.jpg
    IC 1.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 275
  • IC2.jpg
    IC2.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 212
KW, you just shipped me DW's old Double IC. Would a "conversion" be able to work on that IC to make your fan shroud work?

What about shipping to Canada?

I would work something out with you. In the past I shipped ups to a canada address and there is so many hoops to jump through. Extra paperwork. You got a great country up there but its sure hard to ship things there

Ken

KW, you just shipped me DW's old Double IC. Would a "conversion" be able to work on that IC to make your fan shroud work?

You have one of the early ICs I built. A shroud could be made for it. The two problems are this

I make the shroud on a Dbl IC to fit. Will one fit to a Dbl IC here just fit right on yours? It should but it might need tweaking to make it work

I used to use the SS screws to attach the sides to the IC. They tend to work loose. I now use short 1/8" rivets that not come loose. The question is how would you attach the shroud to your IC? Other than that it can be done

Ken

What would you charge to make me a shroud?

Additionally, I already have a double IC from "catwithboost" made awhile back. Just out of curiosity, what would you charge me to cut the top off and insert a divider like yours in it?

And one question, are the screws/rivets you use going into the pressurized portion of the intercooler? If so what d you use to maintain the seal? Some thread sealant??

Thank ya sir!

I'm not sure by the pic, but that one with the IC standing up and almost straight shot on of the fan...
If it is right side up, the fan is on upside down. You can tell because the little rubber boot 'on top' should point down. It's a water drain and won't drain on top.

Only figured this out by making the same mistake myself, but caught it soon so it didn't do any damage. Not sure how much water it would take, but you never know.

I'm not sure by the pic, but that one with the IC standing up and almost straight shot on of the fan...
If it is right side up, the fan is on upside down. You can tell because the little rubber boot 'on top' should point down. It's a water drain and won't drain on top.

Only figured this out by making the same mistake myself, but caught it soon so it didn't do any damage. Not sure how much water it would take, but you never know.

Im sure you are right. Fan was mounted just to take picture.

Ken

What would you charge to make me a shroud?

Additionally, I already have a double IC from "catwithboost" made awhile back. Just out of curiosity, what would you charge me to cut the top off and insert a divider like yours in it?

And one question, are the screws/rivets you use going into the pressurized portion of the intercooler? If so what d you use to maintain the seal? Some thread sealant??

Thank ya sir!

Send me a picture. I think I could do it reasonably cheap
The screws are really short, 1/4" long. The first tube is a little further from the side than that. So they dont penetrate the pressurized tube. I use rivets now as the screws tend to back out and get lost.
E mail is kenny.wagner@fleetpride.com

Send me a picture. I think I could do it reasonably cheap
The screws are really short, 1/4" long. The first tube is a little further from the side than that. So they dont penetrate the pressurized tube. I use rivets now as the screws tend to back out and get lost.
E mail is kenny.wagner@fleetpride.com

Will do!

I am curious, did you do any flow testing of any kind, I just realized your endtanks looked to be shapped to aid in flow...

I guess I'll ask for that mod too;)

I'll send some pics this weekend, its in the car right now, I gotta remember if I still have a spare IC lying around for the downtime:confused:

Good luck on your upcomming tunning efforts, your efforts are quite inspiring!

Thanks!

I would work something out with you. In the past I shipped ups to a canada address and there is so many hoops to jump through. Extra paperwork. You got a great country up there but its sure hard to ship things there

Ken
I may be able to have it shipped to a Michigan address, I'll let you know.

I/c

Ken, How much of my 90' stuff do u want to trade for your double I/C? I know its a long shot ,but I thought I'd ask...Thanx Jim

the ic comes with the fan shroud, this means the fan also correct? Sorry if im wrong im new to this stuff. Also is the fan is included will it bolt up in the stock location and how much air does the fan move. Thanks for your input!

Ken,

Just use the USPS. The paperwork is simpler and shipping is faster. The post also does not charge "brokerage" which butt screews Canadians.

the ic comes with the fan shroud, this means the fan also correct? Sorry if im wrong im new to this stuff. Also is the fan is included will it bolt up in the stock location and how much air does the fan move. Thanks for your input!

No fan included. The shroud has threaded inserts installed that allow a perma cool fan to be installed.

Back